• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread see ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo many whistles, but that means more sweet local Johnson City commercials.

The kid from Winston looks legit. He's like a gangly 6'2, 6'3 or so, comfortable on and off the ball, already a couple of nice threes and a drive. Looks active on D.

ETSU has a couple of 7 footers which I wasn't necessarily expecting (they don't play together).

It has gotten sloppy. Moar whistles.

Forbes has a serious gut, but he moves pretty well on the sideline. All gut, pretty limber lower half. Good posture. Exudes confidence.

The kid from Winston is a seriously long 6'2 or whatever. I like this guy a lot on first impression. Hasn't forced it. Has created off the dribble but also spotted up. Anyway.

I have seen SO many travel calls. More travel calls in this first half than maybe the previous 10 years of watching college ball. I'm big on calling for travels, so this is great stuff for me.

Everyone seems to play with their head up, big men passing out of the post. Ball movement doesn't necessarily stand out, but they share it.

They do look to push at every opportunity, but nothing out of control.

Only seen some token pressure once this half. Mostly man. It's not aggressive or anything, but they seem to help aggressively? I don't know if that makes sense.

This Lyons kid is on fire for Furman first half.

Sorry, just some stream of consciousness here.

we have already instituted a policy of banning anybody who uses that phrase on ogboards 2.0 and we feel strongly that our predecessors here should consider doing the same on this board

People are saying OGB 2.0 allows jokes about socks.

Get some Skylight Inn for the road while you're in the area, might as well!

Great call. Perfect pick up on the way back.

Last edited:
I'm losing interest and just looked up Williamson's stats. He doesn't do anything at all basically after I posted that. Offensively anyway. Pretty funny. And he was the standout for me first half, so that shows what I know. But I was also kinda looking for him.

Anyway, very much looked like a team in this game. No one dominated the ball or the eye, and they had a few different guys take over at various times - Tisdale, Good, Hodges. No moments where it looked like they didn't have some kind of clue on either end.

Lyons had 16 at halftime for Furman, finished with 18 and fouled out. I wasn't paying close enough attention to tell you if that was some kind of switch in focus or personnel, sorry. Stoned. Distracted.

I just doubled my full-game viewing number for the year.

Been on a Carpenter kick lately. About to get baked and fire up The Thing and then stare suspiciously at my dog and wife for the next couple of hours.

The worst chore on my list of spring chores is to wash out the screen porch after the pollens done and the leaves are out. I survived that last weekend. Now it’s Friday and mid 60s, with a glass of bourbon after not drinking a thing all week. Nice

And my kids are in their rooms howling and refusing to sleep but I locked their doors from the outside so they’re trapped, eff em I can barely hear their yelling from out here.

Been on a Carpenter kick lately. About to get baked and fire up The Thing and then stare suspiciously at my dog and wife for the next couple of hours.

That’s a good evening

We’re watching Michael Clayton

I made a batch of martinis

I was watching this Dead stream, but holy shit this is a four hour show.

I was just prompted to go to Dave "the Wizard" Odom's wiki page and at the end of it is included this little gem.

Odom is a superfan of the rock band Night Ranger. [3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back