• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread see ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good beer and finally reading Lolita.

Ah yes. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.

One of my favorite sentences written in the English language.

I saw Night Ranger at Six Flags in like 1984 at the height of the Sister Christian wave.

I wonder if the Wizard was in his bus, following them around that tour.

Ah yes. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.

One of my favorite sentences written in the English language.

Pretty cool to be raised trilingual in Russian aristocracy. I suspect that played a big part in his ability to write such stunning English prose.

I think among my favorite quirks of people known primarily for other things Nabokov being super into butterflies is up there with John Cage being super into mushrooms, but it doesn't quite match it.

I haven't read any, but Jhumpa Lahiri switching to Italian is intriguing.

I think among my favorite quirks of people known primarily for other things Nabokov being super into butterflies is up there with John Cage being super into mushrooms, but it doesn't quite match it.

Like, Skunk Baxter being a missile defense expert or whatever is also pretty wild.

wallace stevens writing landmark poems on his lunch break as an executive for an insurance company is up there

William Carlos Williams was a physician, kept a general practice going throughout his life, I think.

pynchon's love of homer simpson

"... Homer is my role model and I can't speak ill of him."

Dang, Great Scott, a pretty cool small venue in Allston in Boston, is a perma-casualty of this shit. Saw my dudes Field Music there a few years ago with my friend who I'm still in love with. A good evening. I've kept up with their bookings since, and they frequently had some good shit. RIP.

Burroughs had Exterminator and Bukowski had Post Office based on their odd jobs

Also Joyce failed at everything until he finally got Dubliners published. He wanted to be a doctor but hated it, tried to be a singer and pianist, then opened the first film theater in Dublin, all of which he failed miserably at. Legend.

Brian May has a PhD in astrophysics. He even worked with NASA on a project to Pluto (the former planet, not Disney character).

And Freddie Mercury used to be a baggage handler at Heathrow !

I don’t understand why some people are so dead set on trying to win arguments on the sports board or The Tunnels. Just call the other person an asshole and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back