• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread see ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
My current speakers, which I got from my mom, are pretty dope, and my living room (when cleaned of all the junk off the floor) is an amazing acoustic space to listen to tunes, but I also used to have these sweet Boston Acoustics that I have no idea what happened to. Fuck. What did I do with those things?

This dude Hal Willner who just died of corona had a helluva run

Produced for Lou Reed and Marianne Faithful, worked for SNL for a long time, seemed to be friends with the beats and helped them with spoken word records. What a life.

I did not know this guy's name before yesterday, but seeing all the memories has made me want to do a deep dive.

There's gonna be a big rebound of extended stay business travel to 3rd tier southern cities like Charlotte on the horizon?

hey now, charlotte is definitely a 2nd tier southern city. greensboro though....

Apparently palma thinks no one is going to stay in a Hilton Garden Inn again too.

Apparently palma thinks no one is going to stay in a Hilton Garden Inn again too.

I switched to a Hilton Honors Amexcard for the points. At the end of February. Perfect timing.

Carson Daly should clean up his fuckin' back porch if he's going to broadcast in front of all of America. Side note, I don't like Wednesdays because my wife is in charge of the morning tv.

he was showing off a sweet Big Green Egg, though.

I've been fascinated with Jimmy Fallon's house, and especially when he and his wife walk around the neighborhood and wave to Axe and all of the other hedge fund CEOs.

Peace to you all, I know we here on the rjkarl boards have a lot of different opinions on stuff, but whatever. Good luck to all of us.

Yeah I need speakers. Once I get out of quarantine I’ll try to get it all fixed up.

Maybe you could look on EBay for some era-appropriate speakers. Chupe's Boston Acoustics were good ones. JBL were great but more experience. Old Bose and Yamaha were among the first smaller, more efficient styles.

For many years, bigger was thought to be better for speakers. Now, tiny speakers are the norm. For your classic system, while thinking about today, I think I'd go with Yamaha studio monitors as they are so clear, crisp and have always been very reasonably priced.

BTW, you Marantz amp may have cost over $600 back in the 70s/80s. That would be over $2500 today.

Can you still find the cartridges for your turntable?

i rocked some sweet radio shack speakers back in the day. that plus my kenwood receiver and yamaha CD player. Don't recall who made my tape deck but kind of seems like it was teac.

I just recently built a pair of the C-Note speakers from PartsExpress. Finished them with some gnarly veneer I got on sale. Great tone and value.

i rocked some sweet radio shack speakers back in the day. that plus my kenwood receiver and yamaha CD player. Don't recall who made my tape deck but kind of seems like it was teac.

My dad had almost the same exact set up and passed it on to me when my folks moved. It still sounds pretty good and hasn't cost much to repair/modify over time.

I had some nice Polk speakers that were the first thing I ever bought with money from my first job. had them until we moved to NC because I hadn't used them in a few years and they just sorta sat in the living room. Now I wish I had them.

I got rid of some Polk tower speakers a year or so ago that I bought in the mid 90's. Those motherfuckers would absolutely rock this whole block.

The ones I have now are Definitive (prob from the early 90s) and seem pretty good.

Nah, man, I'm just trying to put out some peace love understanding vibes in the face of the world being totally and probably irreparably fucked.

I was flipping through some songs a couple of nights ago and found a couple of Elvis & Tony Bennett videos. As distinctive as Elvis' voice is, I was surprised how absolutely pure it was singing with the Voice of God.

To me there are two people I've called the Voice of God -Tony Bennett and Joe Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back