• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Stay Safe Poverty Ghost!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a note to their first suggestion, I have a shitton of British Airways points because I've taken advantage of some transfer bonuses to them, and I wouldn't count on british airways points to be available for award flights on american all too often. A few years ago it seemed to work better. Nowadays, anytime the flight is $400/$500, it's unavailable to be redeemed via BA from my experience, and often times there isn't anything available when you look at nearby days.

For example I just flew from Philly 2 weeks ago, and one leg of the flight was only half booked and I could see why the price one way was only like $150 and I was able to use BA points to book, but the return flight was packed and $400/$500 one way and I checked for months to see if I could snag it with points before finally just paying cash.

kinda feel like all the rewards points things are just you waiting until they artificially devalue your points, no?
Where I've had success is literally just abusing signup bonuses. Especially back when I could pay my rent on a credit card and just blow through the spending requirement without much thinking/inconvenience. For example I just signed up for one of the marriott cards with chase for the sole purpose of wanting to get 5 free nights in Hawaii, and that would have otherwise cost me $3k. I'll cancel it shortly and then a few years later do it again. You can double up with your wife/fiancee as well.

Just as a note to their first suggestion, I have a shitton of British Airways points because I've taken advantage of some transfer bonuses to them, and I wouldn't count on british airways points to be available for award flights on american all too often. A few years ago it seemed to work better. Nowadays, anytime the flight is $400/$500, it's unavailable to be redeemed via BA from my experience, and often times there isn't anything available when you look at nearby days.

For example I just flew from Philly 2 weeks ago, and one leg of the flight was only half booked and I could see why the price one way was only like $150 and I was able to use BA points to book, but the return flight was packed and $400/$500 one way and I checked for months to see if I could snag it with points before finally just paying cash.
but for a specific flight that you knew you wanted, I would imagine you could check before you transferred, no?

@NYCDeac are you from the city or you live there now? Do you actually live in Brooklyn?

What’s the best pizza?
@TimmyClutch: Full disclosure, we moved out of the city 10 years ago. Born in Manhattan and then lived there as an “adult” for 20 years (Upper East Side, East Village, and then West Village for the last 10).

We always liked Lombardi’s on Spring Street for pizza as well as John’s of Bleecker. The latter is very touristy and has lines to get in but I would call in our order for takeout while having a couple beers across the street at a really good beer bar called the Blind Tiger. Joe’s on Carmine is good for just a slice too

Mmm blind tiger

Used to go there and wait for my wife (then girlfriend) to get off work on Houston and crush beers
I liked their original location much better on Hudson Street (at 10th St?). Closer to where I lived at the time and not in the busy section of Bleecker where it is now

I’ve been trying to promote this person who works for me for three months and doing straight up battle with HR
As an HR person, it sounds like it's a very complicated case, townie. A lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what have yous. Lot of strands to keep in their head. I'd give them the benefit of doubt

wow the shuttle between terminal B and D at Dulles is so goofy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back