• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Stay Safe Poverty Ghost!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made my wife a riff on a margarita with st germain. Let’s see how she likes it! 100% chance: “I like it but…[10 things that could’ve been done differently]”

Me: “yeah I just grabbed a couple items I saw on the bar cart that sounded good”

Just read a long thing about the downfall of the home improvement kid, zachary ty bryan like a month ago and he got arrested for DV again this weekend

Looks like he got 36-months probation for a prior incident that may still be ongoing, so probably going to jail. Has four DWI's too !!!

Billionaire CEO Says Remote Workers Just Need 'a Nice Little Recession' to Return to the Office​

In a recent interview, Barry Sternlicht, chairman of Starwood Capital Group said that "the work from home phenomenon is a U.S. phenomenon." He said that people are back in the office in Europe, Asia, and other parts of the world.

What's more, Sternlicht doesn't seem to think it's going to last. He said that "nice buildings are still leasing," and that a "nice little recession will clear this."

To be fair, Sternlicht is completely correct about the remote work trend being a U.S. phenomenon. According to data from real estate firm JLL (as reported by CNBC), U.S. office occupancy is around 40%-60% of pre-pandemic levels, depending on the city. In Europe, office attendance is 70%-90% of pre-COVID levels, and in some Asian cities, office attendance is actually higher than it was before COVID-19.

Are magazines that the dude and his screen brother Jonathan Taylor Thomas on like Tiger Beat still at thing? I just signed up for kindle unlimited over the weekend and they have like every supermarket tabloid part of the subscription. Maybe it's included.

I've got an old truck I should probably finally get rid of. It has sentimental value, it was my grandad's truck and I drove it all through college and years after. Unfortunately have totally neglected the last few years and is in rough shape, no idea what it would take to get it running again.

A guy that did some landscaping offered to buy it for $600. I'd also considered donating to NPR but not sure if I'd get any real tax benefit there.

Any advice on figuring out what to do with it? Or how to determine a reasonable price? KBB says $2200 if on fair condition, but this is probably in poor at this point.

1993 GMC Sierra club cab (short bed with step sides) with just over 200k miles and hasn't run in at least 4 years. I'd also consider trying to get it repaired myself, but worried it will end up costing way more than I expect.

Billionaire CEO Says Remote Workers Just Need 'a Nice Little Recession' to Return to the Office​

In a recent interview, Barry Sternlicht, chairman of Starwood Capital Group said that "the work from home phenomenon is a U.S. phenomenon." He said that people are back in the office in Europe, Asia, and other parts of the world.

What's more, Sternlicht doesn't seem to think it's going to last. He said that "nice buildings are still leasing," and that a "nice little recession will clear this."

To be fair, Sternlicht is completely correct about the remote work trend being a U.S. phenomenon. According to data from real estate firm JLL (as reported by CNBC), U.S. office occupancy is around 40%-60% of pre-pandemic levels, depending on the city. In Europe, office attendance is 70%-90% of pre-COVID levels, and in some Asian cities, office attendance is actually higher than it was before COVID-19.

Not sure it’s an apples to apples comparison given the differences in work/life balance, social programs, infrastructure, etc. between the US and other countries.

Not sure it’s an apples to apples comparison given the differences in work/life balance, social programs, infrastructure, etc. between the US and other countries.
Yeah. I imagine most of those countries have shorter, more efficient commutes as well.

Transit/Pro-Bike Twitter is some of the dumbest shit you'll ever read. It's like they think people are just going to redevelop their entire 300-acre subdivision with two rail stops, bike lanes, churches, a primary school, and walkable retail, while parking their car 1/2-mile away, because it works in some 500-year old neighborhood in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back