• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Summer: Breaking the Summer Wind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be no better feeling in the world than the rush of euphoria you get after doing a truly cold water plunge, it's like drugs.

To get real benefits it needs to be super cold though, and I'm not sure most showers can even get that cold.

So it's time to buy a chest freezer and fill it with water šŸ˜…
there's a group of folks in my neighborhood that get in Lake Michigan year round

say it gives you a high for hours when you're going in that freezing water -- i've never done it

I did a cold plunge this weekend aka getting in the pool at the Y with my kids. Do not recommend.

once when staying at grove park inn I did a cycle of sauna to cold plunge a few times and can report that I got no hours-long euphoric high.

there's a group of folks in my neighborhood that get in Lake Michigan year round

say it gives you a high for hours when you're going in that freezing water -- i've never done it
oh man you gotta try it, especially in the winter
Yeah I read an article recently about all these people paying $30-60k for cold plunge pools at their houses.
ha, the hot thing now is to buy a chest freezer, w/ some small mods you can have yourself an ice bath machine for 1-1.5k

once when staying at grove park inn I did a cycle of sauna to cold plunge a few times and can report that I got no hours-long euphoric high.
their cold plunge is only 60 degrees iirc, not cold enough imo

i did the polar bear plunge when I was on a nat-geo cruise in alaska, in water with glacier chunks floating around (think it was around 38-40 degrees), and my body was on a high like no other for a couple hours after that for sure..

remember just chilling on the upper deck after sipping whiskey and vibing w/ mountains

i did the polar bear plunge when I was on a nat-geo cruise in alaska, in water with glacier chunks floating around (think it was around 38-40 degrees), and my body was on a high like no other for a couple hours after that for sure..

remember just chilling on the upper deck after sipping whiskey and vibing w/ mountains
ofc there were the legal edibles too

it was like shocking my body to life again or something, i dont know, hard to describe the feeling

In our staff meeting today, somebody accidentally turned their camera on while they were heading to the bathroom. Was very close to disaster

Went rafting in 40ā° water once. It was pretty cold getting wet. Kids jumped in and swam... back to the raft immediately. Suckers.

So cookout would you do this every day if you had a setup at your house?

Ice Bath's absolutely are useful. But most of us don't workout hard enough to get the most benefit from it, but anything that by design reduces inflammation on the regular can't hurt. Just gotta be careful with how long you sit in there

@WindyCityDeac how do you feel about the vest over the polo look in the office. The tucked in polo shows that I have skimped on working out over the last couple years, but the vest at least hides the fabric stretched taut across my abdomen.

So cookout would you do this every day if you had a setup at your house?
yeah 100%

I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I know I will not be good enough about the maintenance/care with my current time obligations

Ice Bath's absolutely are useful. But most of us don't workout hard enough to get the most benefit from it, but anything that by design reduces inflammation on the regular can't hurt. Just gotta be careful with how long you sit in there
I don't think you have to work out to get a benefit tbh, think it's good for your body either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back