• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Wake Forest Superheroes: No Plans For March !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my fav college memories is watching one of yall roll up to the register at the Food Lion on Northpoint with 2 shopping carts full of malt liquor.
One of mine was raiding all the ice machines in polo and student apartments then filling my bathtub with ice and 40s for a huge gathering senior year.

This is the worst basketball timing call I've ever seen. Kid beat the buzzer by almost half a second and they waived it off.

Some people calling for the winning team to voluntarily forfeit their spot in the championship game, but I don't see how it's the coaches responsibility to be accountable for the refs when any number of calls over the course of the game can be worth that single point.

If the state HS athletic association wants to reverse the outcome, that would be different than expecting a coach to voluntarily do it.

Its impossible that hoops officiating has gotten worse over the years.

View attachment 8446

Tag: thereff will defend

Holy shit I’m getting a tax refund!!! What a glorious development.

This is the worst basketball timing call I've ever seen. Kid beat the buzzer by almost half a second and they waived it off.

Some people calling for the winning team to voluntarily forfeit their spot in the championship game, but I don't see how it's the coaches responsibility to be accountable for the refs when any number of calls over the course of the game can be worth that single point.

If the state HS athletic association wants to reverse the outcome, that would be different than expecting a coach to voluntarily do it.

View attachment 8446

Clearly this was based on race

View attachment 8446

This type of stuff makes me irrationally angry. How are we still not in a place where this can be reviewed in high school. The state needs to fix this.

This type of stuff makes me irrationally angry. How are we still not in a place where this can be reviewed in high school. The state needs to fix this.
We're currently trying to implement a shot clock in high school. I'm gonna go ahead and tell you if you think that there's the money to put in a system of instant replay and the mechanisms for officials to be able to consistently and fairly evaluate plays that have already happened, I've got some sad news for you. Most of us are still underwater financially from the Covid years.

Also, officiating has gotten significantly worse. A lot of experienced officials went out during Covid and didn't return. A lot of younger kids realize after a short time that 65 bucks a game to be screamed at or possibly assaulted by a bunch of hometown heroes living high school glory days that never actually happened vicariously through their kids isn't really worth it. We have a huge shortage in NC in just about every sport. I had multiple soccer matches last year called by only one official. It may be an unpopular take, but I'll defend high school officials at pretty much every opportunity. I mean, other than TheReff. It's a pretty thankless job and we're reaching a point in NC where you're gonna have a lot of cancelled games because nobody wants to do it anymore.

We're currently trying to implement a shot clock in high school. I'm gonna go ahead and tell you if you think that there's the money to put in a system of instant replay and the mechanisms for officials to be able to consistently and fairly evaluate plays that have already happened, I've got some sad news for you. Most of us are still underwater financially from the Covid years.
This game appeared to be televised -- it cannot be that difficult to for an official to spend 10 seconds looking at that feed. I'm not saying every high school game in America should have reviews, but high level state playoff games should be able to have this limited review.

The second season of Full Swing dropped yesterday. Haven't watched yet, but apparently the episode on the Fitzpatrick bros is one of the best of the season.

Agreed. Seems a replay system on last second shots wouldn't be too hard to administer. Heck, just have it for postseason games to start with.

Kasey Musgraves and Lord Huron tickets are $179+ fees, jesus
I think I read that her tickets are subject to dynamic pricing so that may be driving the price up a little bit. If you want to go, just make all your arrangements to be there and start looking for tickets closer to the date of the concert. If you're willing to wait until day of, you'll be able to find something cheaper.

I think I read that her tickets are subject to dynamic pricing so that may be driving the price up a little bit. If you want to go, just make all your arrangements to be there and start looking for tickets closer to the date of the concert. If you're willing to wait until day of, you'll be able to find something cheaper.
Yeah, I had early access but I’m not a big enough fan to pay those prices. Doesn’t help I just bought tix for Tracy Morgan this morning.

how much can tickets to watch tracy morgan cost? -$50?

Agreed. Seems a replay system on last second shots wouldn't be too hard to administer. Heck, just have it for postseason games to start with.
That was my initial thought. How many cameras were there in the school pointed at the shotclock/goal? It would've taken a brief 10 second review of the footage to make the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back