• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Wake Forest Superheroes: No Plans For March !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny Chesney 2006 live album is elite summer listening.

good thing biff is in perpetual darkness so probably asleep now so can't win the CT again

A skill that I have not yet acquired for customer service is how to politely pivot when my troubleshooting reveals that a clients complaint was actually just their being uneducated on how to do something. A relevant # of incident reports are “x is missing” which implies that x was present previously, and there is potentially a system problem. Many of those incident reports are quickly revealed to actually be “I don’t know how to find x”.

My problem is that clients sometimes get annoyed when they get asked “Do you know how to find x?”, presumably because that makes them feel stupid. Its a necessary question though, to rule out a system issue vs a user error.

Good in the 90s before he became a Jimmy Buffet wannabe.
Disagree. His music is a guilty pleasure but always reminds me of the summer. We saw him in Charlotte two years ago and he puts on a really good show. Boys of Fall is meh but I love Magic and El Cerrito Place. His songs are all about good vibes and enjoying life and he seems like a good guy.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

A skill that I have not yet acquired for customer service is how to politely pivot when my troubleshooting reveals that a clients complaint was actually just their being uneducated on how to do something. A relevant # of incident reports are “x is missing” which implies that x was present previously, and there is potentially a system problem. Many of those incident reports are quickly revealed to actually be “I don’t know how to find x”.

My problem is that clients sometimes get annoyed when they get asked “Do you know how to find x?”, presumably because that makes them feel stupid. Its a necessary question though, to rule out a system issue vs a user error.

“It sounds like you might be looking for how to find “x”, is that right? You’re not the first one to have trouble finding “x”…can I show you how to find “x”.”

Or something similar…??

Last edited:

"Hm. Sounds like you're dealing with some pretty big feelings there, champ. Here's a 128-page job aide that should get you where..." and then disconnect immediately.

Yeah my 5yo just walked into school off the bus the other day and punched my principal right in the dick and then kept walking without saying a word. Kids are pretty damn cool sometimes.
When i was in first grade I told my first grade teacher about a book i was reading and that i wanted to partner with the "N-word girl". She rushed me to the pricnipal who was of course a black man. That didn't go over great...

My early years, my parents worked at a camp for mentally and physically challenged kids from inner city NY. I had heard them using the term amongst each other and thought nothing of it.
The principal was wildly gracious to me and my parents.

This will probably come up in my psych and background test for this new job...

When i was in first grade I told my first grade teacher about a book i was reading and that i wanted to partner with the "N-word girl". She rushed me to the pricnipal who was of course a black man. That didn't go over great...

My early years, my parents worked at a camp for mentally and physically challenged kids from inner city NY. I had heard them using the term amongst each other and thought nothing of it.
The principal was wildly gracious to me and my parents.

This will probably come up in my psych and background test for this new job...
did you get it?

“It sounds like you might be looking for how to find “x”, is that right? You’re not the first one with this problem…can I show you how to find “x”.”

Or something similar…??
Yeah those are all good suggestions, it’s just that I honestly am often very late on picking up the…truth? So when I am honestly confused, whoever is asking me for help sometimes gets frustrated. I’ve gotten feedback before that I assume too much capability or knowledge of clients.

Well maybe the boys summer in Southern California, ATS. It never specifies where they went before they came back to town.
I can tell you for sure where the boys didn't go...

College.

So I'm not sure why they are only around for the summer before they leave town again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back