• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
curious how effective Giving Tuesday is -- I've been hit up or seen requests from probably close to 50 organizations/political candidates

Seems like it’s probably most effective at “friendraising” ie collecting new donor information from one time gifts that you could potentially cultivate for more giving down the road. It’s essentially a virtual special event which tend to be better at mining data and making relationships than actually raising money.

I feel sorry for you, for the lengths you go not to have fun or to have to make such statements. Luckily, El Chupe has the ability to enjoy himself. You should learn from him.

Maybe if you weren't so into kickball, you'd enjoy things more.

I have plenty of fun. Going to trivia tonight at a brewery with friends. Been researching hotels in Paris today for when my wife and I go in January. Just pointing out no one had discussed said clip because people on here generally have good taste in comedies, and that show ain’t on the list.

And it’s not my cousin. But I also have seen very little of the Big Bang Theory, though I listened to a Richard Thompson interview where he said he liked to watch it while he noodled around practicing scales on his guitar, so maybe it’s good for that shit.

Village Wayside. Good food and a very relaxed, funky vibe. I've hear Nine Mile is very good but you'll need reservations.
Biscuit Head is the place for breakfast/brunch.

You will not need reservations for 9 Mile, I'm not even sure they do reservations. With only 2 people the wait is never that bad even on crowded Friday/Saturday nights (at least at the West AVL location).

Biscuit Head is good but so many damn tourists there on weekends now. I only go on weekdays.

we were there morning to afternoon, don't know that the brewery was open yet

dig West Asheville a lot -- Firestorm Books is a fave; the vintage thrift/bar/chapel/music venue place looked pretty fun

Haywood Commons food was pretty good and the staff very nice

Ah yeah, that's cool. Haywood definitely seems to fit the brunch bill best.

Fleetwoods is pretty cool, friend's band plays there a decent amount. I've actually never even been in Firestorm lol, need to get on that.

You'd probably also like Double Crown, great dive bar.

I like W. Asheville, too. Hung out there twice just for the evening a couple of years ago going up and back to shows for Cass Mccombs and then Andy Shauf (bad idea to drive back to Chapel Hill at midnight, but whatever), but stuck to the coffeeshop and kava bar mainly because I was p stoned and needed caffeine/chill/pick me up. I'm not sure I even sat down and ate anywhere. Mothlight is a pretty sweet venue. I need to keep an eye out for any cool upcoming shows and get back.

Dude yeah, Mothlight might be my favorite place to catch a show in town.

love Zia and need to hit One World. Bonfire and Rocky's are also fantastic and where we wind up a lot.

first I've heard have that opinion on Sierra, and I've eaten there a million times since it's close to work.

Yeah, I figured you'd been a lot working out that way. What are some of your favorites to order? I'm at the point now where I'll just order the pretzels/beer cheese and save room for other food later if I'm talked into going there w/ friends. It almost feels like they try to hard (to be upscale) but don't quite execute on the dishes correctly. The last time I ordered some lamb BLT sandwich (was a special I think) and the lamb was just totally fucked up and impossible to eat. I'd almost prefer if it were more standard pub-fare. I think I've gotten some decent stuff outside where it's a little more casual.

Dude yeah, Mothlight might be my favorite place to catch a show in town.
I saw Diarrhea Planet there with about 100 people, great show. Extra bonus that it's right next door to Nine Mile jamaican and that awesome hippie ice cream spot

I missed Thanksgiving and Friday bc of a stomach flu. Can I get a re-do? Also, I agree with palma. Thanksgiving is less fun when your mid-30s and have no family nearby (and have a stomach flu). When I'm with fam, it's my #1.

Once upon a time the chat thread was a safe space from painful RJ posts.

rj, besides watch Big Bang Theory and Wake sports, what do you do for fun?

Other than laughing at you and others making inane assumptions and childish posts, I do many things. However, given the fact that you and others feel the need to attack anything I post, why would I tell you?

Even simple events like last month telling of having drinks with Dice Clay brings BS insults from others. Why would I share other things? Maybe if you and others acted with some class, you'd hear a lot more like those with whom I talk, email and meet. They have quite different opinions than you, 06, the school marm and others.

This is 100% on your arrogance and boorish behavior. Being a perpetual optimist, I still have hope for you.

Yeah, I figured you'd been a lot working out that way. What are some of your favorites to order? I'm at the point now where I'll just order the pretzels/beer cheese and save room for other food later if I'm talked into going there w/ friends. It almost feels like they try to hard (to be upscale) but don't quite execute on the dishes correctly. The last time I ordered some lamb BLT sandwich (was a special I think) and the lamb was just totally fucked up and impossible to eat. I'd almost prefer if it were more standard pub-fare. I think I've gotten some decent stuff outside where it's a little more casual.

I've had that lamb BLT before and enjoyed it, so must have been an off day. I think their huge kitchen must go through a lot of turnover because occasionally you'll get a dish not executed as you expect. went around 11:00 one time for lunch and ordered the wings (which I always order and are fantastic every time except this one visit). They were undercooked, and we sent back, waited forever, they finally brought another order out saying they had a new cook and he burned the first replacement batch. those too were undercooked so we cut our losses, but the manager was very apologizing and comped our meal, gave us a $25 gift card and comped two growlers with fills. the latter is nice since they don't accept any growlers except their own. but I've had the wings a few times since and they're still good.

so, get the wings -- love the way they cut them to just be lollipops, pizza, duck confit fries, and honestly their salads are usually pretty good and add nice balance to a heavy meal.

Go to restaurant
Order wings
Send wings back
Profit !

Pretty cool to see one of these things work out with no ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back