• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Will Chupe hook it with his cousin? Find out... NEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice re-appropriation. You're a guiding light for all the volbetas around here.

If we all could just obstinate from making sweeping judgments about these lonely young men, maybe they would feel more at ease in society.

DtLBkIwU0AAU_RG.jpg

What is the best way to bail on a date for no reason except being a flake and just figuring out you want to remain a vol-cel (my new term, this is the only message board I post on and I'm not going to shoot anyone) and alone the rest of your life? Just say "yo, sorry, not feeling going on a date, even though you seem interesting. It's me and my weird brain, not you." I also volunteered to drive to Hillsborough for this date. I guess I should just go on the date and then bail after that.

Do you want to do the sex, or is it just that you initiated the date to ...like...talk and stuff?

Thought I might want to get laid, then realized it probably isn't worth the work right now, but she seems kind of cool - is a farmer into old country and blues music - and maybe I'll get there and it will be fun. I'm just kind of tired and lazy. And indecisive.

Always fun to have sex in a field with a bunch of cows watching.

I think I'll go, it's just that even cool and interesting people have been annoying me lately. I'm sure it's not their fault.

Damn, should have known someone would have grabbed vol-cel before me. I like this definition by calibeachgod420 on Reddit. "Volcel are studs who choose to obstinate mainly because of the toxic culture that surrounds casual sex. Most are holding out for their soulmate I think."
That bro Helmholz from Brave New World was the original volcel

I think I'll go, it's just that even cool and interesting people have been annoying me lately. I'm sure it's not their fault.

Take inspiration from exploration. It's a huge world out there bro. Like, you know what Jennifer Lawrence's BH looks like, but do you know if the blues farmer's BH is the same? Maybe she has some totally different take on Bhole care. Maybe it's like, the best BH ever made and you'll be the only one to ever see it.

That'd be on par with the moon landing, dude. Giant leaps for Chupe-kind.

Been getting a little into Ram Dass lately. Maybe I need to read/listen more and become more chill like my man Ram. I will need to drop a lot of acid first.

This is cool though:

“I took five people and we locked ourselves in a building for three weeks and we took 400 micrograms of LSD every four hours. That is 2400 micrograms of LSD a day.… We finally were just drinking out of the bottle.… We were very high. What happened in those three weeks in that house, no one would ever believe, including us. And at the end of the three weeks, we walked out of the house and within a few days, we came down! It was a very frustrating experience, as if you came into the kingdom of heaven and you saw how it all was…and then you got cast out again.”

Goddamn edit function

Groovy as that all sounds, the Alpert biography really starts to get far-out in 1967 when, frustrated by psilocybin, LSD, and Leary himself, Alpert went on an odyssey eastward in pursuit of the great big high from which he would never have to come down again. Months into his spiritual quest, after sharing LSD and other chemical wonders from his pharmacological travel kit with monks and holy men from Afghanistan to Nepal in search of an explanation for the drug and perhaps a truer, permanent pathway to consciousness, an exasperated Alpert finally landed at the feet of a Hindu sadhu, or wandering saint, in the foothills of the Indian Himalayas. This was Maharajji, who lives on the razor's edge between form and formlessness, an enlightened being, Alpert said, whose existence consists of constant oscillation between his earthly body and the great beyond. Maharajji takes Alpert into his ashram and renames him Ram Dass. The name translates, simply, to “servant of God.” Alpert would spend the next six months in silence—cold bath every morning at 4 a.m., vegetarian diet, extreme meditation and breath work, and an education in bhakti yoga. He was taught by one of Maharajji's disciples using a piece of chalk and a slate to communicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back