• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CHAT THREAD XLVII - I BELIEVE I CAN FLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Lawrence, let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling well, does anybody ever say to you, "Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?"

No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Today's google doodle is pretty sweet.

From that dude's wiki:

Murder, acquittal and paternity

In 1874, still living in the San Francisco Bay Area, Muybridge discovered that his wife had a lover, a Major Harry Larkyns. On 17 October, he sought out Larkyns and said, "Good evening, Major, my name is Muybridge and here's the answer to the letter you sent my wife." He shot and killed the Major pointblank.[SUP][13][/SUP]

Muybridge was tried for murder. His defense attorney pleaded insanity due to a head injury that Muybridge had sustained following his stagecoach accident. Friends testified that the accident dramatically changed Muybridge's personality from genial and pleasant to unstable and erratic. The jury dismissed the insanity plea, but he was acquitted for "justifiable homicide". The episode interrupted his horse photography experiment, but not his relationship with Stanford, who paid for his criminal defense.[SUP][14][/SUP]
After the acquittal, Muybridge left the United States for a time to take photographs in Central America, returning in 1877. Having divorced his wife and been awarded custody, as was customary at the time, he had their son, Florado Helios Muybridge (nicknamed "Floddie" by friends), put in an orphanage during this time. Muybridge believed Larkyns to be the boy's biological father but, as an adult, Florado bore a remarkable resemblance to Muybridge. Florado Muybridge worked as a ranch hand and gardener. In 1944 he was hit by a car in Sacramento and killed.[SUP][15][/SUP]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eadweard_Muybridge

No way that can happen, most girls have their wedding planned out in their head by the time they are 18.

:rolleyes: most? highly doubtful.

I'm ashamed that weddings I attend make me think even slightly about things I might want at my own. I have no business even thinking about getting married, let alone having thoughts about seating arrangements.

:rolleyes: most? highly doubtful.

I'm ashamed that weddings I attend make me think even slightly about things I might want at my own. I have no business even thinking about getting married, let alone having thoughts about seating arrangements.

You're being a little asinine. I'm talking about what type of dress, type of music that will be played, outdoor or indoor...

But yes, most of my friends who are girls have an idea of what they want (discussion not provoked by me). Maybe they are just really girly...

I always lose nail clippers. Where do they go? I feel like I put them back in my medicine cabinet/ travel bag, but they're never there, so I buy new ones all the time. Must be the underwear gnomes.

what I meant is that when I attend weddings and see things I do or don't like, my brain starts filing away little bits of information about things I have no business thinking about - like seating arrangements and centerpieces and dull things like that. I don't WANT to think about those things but I do, and hate that I do, because I don't want to be that girl who has a wedding planned out already. Definitely don't have thoughts on music or venue. As for a dress, I'd like to wear a long white-ish one that isn't unflattering.

I guess most of my female friends are married or currently wedding planning so I can't really compare to your group of (likely) unmarried/unengaged female friends.

If yall go, I hope you have fun. I cant make it. We're burning a house down that day for training.

Yeah, hopefully I'll be attending if all goes to plan. Gonna miss teh opportunity to GK tailgate yet another spring game. :(

You're being a little asinine. I'm talking about what type of dress, type of music that will be played, outdoor or indoor...

But yes, most of my friends who are girls have an idea of what they want (discussion not provoked by me). Maybe they are just really girly...

I've had my wedding planned out since I was 14 years old bro.

Close, they've got an old house and dont want to have to pay someone to demolish it, so they're giving it to us so we can play.

Yeah. In the article I read about phasing out deductions it talked about how generally, the people that are trying to claim a tax deduction are really saving themselves the cost of demolition of a house and that is a large motivation for disallowing the deduction.

cookout, it turns out that TWToy's uncle works for google. He is straight up a genius and it is absolutely hilarious to hear him talk about Apple.

cookout, it turns out that TWToy's uncle works for google. He is straight up a genius and it is absolutely hilarious to hear him talk about Apple.

:laugh: how did it take you this long to figure that out? That's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back