• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread XXXVII - SANTA, I KNOW HIM!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty good w/out reading the book, just prepare yourself for nudity/graphic sex scenes and shit. Not the best movie to see with parents.

Okay sounds like a go. Probably won't read the book. Did just finish "The Rum Diary" though and it was awesome.

Okay sounds like a go. Probably won't read the book. Did just finish "The Rum Diary" though and it was awesome.

i read that too cause i needed a book when i was at the airport. really good and took no time to read.

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo stayed pretty close to the book, although they had to omit quite a few things to keep the movie at a reasonable length (it was still over 2.5 hours).

I would think you'd be able to follow the story, for the most part, without having read the book.

The movie is fucking awesome. I haven't read the book (usually I have in cases like this), but it was easy enough to follow.

There are two very graphic rape scenes, so prepare your last friend for those.

The book is incredible.

Still haven't seen the movie, though I expect to soon.

I saw the 2009 version of the movie, the Swedish one, with subtitles. I thought it was very well done. Don't anticipate seeing the new Hollywood version though.

I have the 2009 version on my netflix instant queue and will probably see the new one at some point. I enjoyed the book (and liked the second book but thought the third was pretty terrible) though I thought there was a lot of filler stuff (some of the political stuff) that was boring and totally unnecessary

I've seen both movies now. Actually thought the American one would be an epic screw up, but it was done really well imo.

Nah. Just had some news about restructuring/the way we're set up.

item12_rendition_slideshowWideHorizontal_christopher-hitchens-life-in-pictures-ss14.jpg

This man was/is my hero.

My only real issue with the Fincher Dragon Tattoo:

Similar to my issues with the writing in Gran Torino, there were a couple really awkward bits of writing in this film. The most egregious is when the bad guy literally says in ernest to Daniel Craig "We're not so different, you and I." Come on. Additionally, with an otherwise incredible cast, why cast Daniel Craig at all? He has absolutely no range whatsoever. His face just simply is not expressive at all. This wasn't a balls to the wall action flick (well...it kinda was), it's smarter than Bond films, and with a stronger storyline accompanying it. There's some actual emotional and moral nuance happening, and I just don't think he really gets there. Just my $.02.

Thought some might enjoy the typo in the Charlotte Observer today regarding Baron Davis.

typo.jpg

Fuck yeah! Stephen Hawking's program(me), Into the Universe is on Netflix Instant.

Last edited:
I don't love greek yogurt. I eat it because of the higher protein content but it has a kind of weird sour taste to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back