• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
did she test positive on tuesday or today? when was person first symptomatic?

My wife hasn't tested positive, just someone she had lunch with did two days ago. Not sure when they were symptomatic

Enjoying an El Residente from what I consider the best brewery in Charlotte which is also run by a Deac.

Cheers Resident Culture

My dentist fired me today.

I have been trying to get my fake tooth replaced since February. In the last two weeks I showed up to the office twice to have it done and was told both times that they had the wrong parts. Literally sat down had the fake taken off and told oops sorry, nothing we can do today. Another time I was rescheduled because they said they didn't have the part yet. I asked for an update this week, and after two days of no response I called again and asked if the could update me on what was going on.

Today I got an email saying they didn't want to be my dentist anymore due to my unreasonable expectations and that I have spoken to the staff in a rude and demanding manner. Probably for the best as the only thing that actually went according to plan there was when they billed me. I think after 3 appointments and a couple no responses, a little pissiness on the phone can be expected. I never yelled or cursed, but let them know I was unhappy with their service.

At what point are you allowed to let people know you are fed up with their mistakes in a professional relationship?

My therapist fired me a few years ago. The office was a "You call us, leave a message, and we'll call you" place. Period. No way to get a hold of them in emergencies, or if you needed to see someone in an urgent manner. You could not speak to anyone when you called in. Then there were multiple times where I would want to adjust an appointment or needed an "emergency session" and would not get a call back after days of waiting. Add to that, when I showed up 10 minutes before the agreed upon appointment time, I would have to wait 30-45 minutes to see her. Yet all of my appointments seemed to end at 50 minutes on the dot...not sure how that worked.

I called back one time, left a message, and 3 days later when they called back I said "You guys do understand that you deal with people with mental health issues, and that we pay YOU right? If you aren't going to be available to speak to at any point, and I have to wait on you, what's the point. I can't afford to go to the hospital every time I have to make an appointment." I think I raised my voice when I told them it was very rude to customers in need.

The next week I received a letter terminating the relationship because I became "hostile and threatening" to the staff and that they did not "feel comfortable" with me showing up as a patient.

And that is the story of how I brought my issues to OGBoards and the Chat Thread.

So I think the proper usage is:

“I have never given fewer than five stars”

Or

“I have never given less than a 5-star rating”

Headed to the lake tomorrow for anniversary and Mother’s Day.

Someone convince me not to buy 50k of Amazon stock tomorrow morning.

So I think the proper usage is:

“I have never given fewer than five stars”

Or

“I have never given less than a 5-star rating”

Believe that’s correct. Generally fewer is used when things are quantifiable.

My therapist fired me a few years ago. The office was a "You call us, leave a message, and we'll call you" place. Period. No way to get a hold of them in emergencies, or if you needed to see someone in an urgent manner. You could not speak to anyone when you called in. Then there were multiple times where I would want to adjust an appointment or needed an "emergency session" and would not get a call back after days of waiting. Add to that, when I showed up 10 minutes before the agreed upon appointment time, I would have to wait 30-45 minutes to see her. Yet all of my appointments seemed to end at 50 minutes on the dot...not sure how that worked.

I called back one time, left a message, and 3 days later when they called back I said "You guys do understand that you deal with people with mental health issues, and that we pay YOU right? If you aren't going to be available to speak to at any point, and I have to wait on you, what's the point. I can't afford to go to the hospital every time I have to make an appointment." I think I raised my voice when I told them it was very rude to customers in need.

The next week I received a letter terminating the relationship because I became "hostile and threatening" to the staff and that they did not "feel comfortable" with me showing up as a patient.

And that is the story of how I brought my issues to OGBoards and the Chat Thread.

Speaking from personal family experience, it’s absolutely ludicrous how difficult it is to access mental health care in this country.

You slingin meth on the side or what?

He's a teacher in the mountains. I assume most of them broke bad about time the show came out.

Someone convince me not to buy 50k of Amazon stock tomorrow morning.

still trading at a high multiple. While they have a lot of revenue they don't have a lot of profit

Speaking from personal family experience, it’s absolutely ludicrous how difficult it is to access mental health care in this country.

I moved to a whole new state to try and find better mental health care for my kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back