• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Tread Raffi - Down By The Bay - Did you ever go to a basketball game, and steal concessions without shame ? ? ! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's weird (to me, at least) is being a huge fan of only one sport from a college you didn't attend when you haven't even lived near that college in ~30 years.

My descent into dementia continues. Got to the office and noticed I was wearing mismatched shoes. Fortunately, they're the same color, but do not look similar beyond that. My only hope is...

15f8b29c-1e78-4eb9-80d8-dd5b79ff1e49_text.gif
you don't want me to answer that do you?

I've moved around a lot, which has made pro-sports fandom difficult (maybe nebulous is a better word). I've also decided I don't really care as much as I used to. The only pro team I really care about is the Braves and that's only because my kids are big fans and enjoy watching them on TV and going to games.

It felt like more of a "community" years ago when you actually read the local newspaper for sports coverage and were only able to watch in-market teams.

Now, if you are a Bills fan in Atlanta (for example), you have access to most everything a Bills fan in Western NY would have. So I don't think it's odd for people to stick with the teams they grew up on and find comfort in watching the games with other fans.
so this is how i ended up being a Bears fan but not a Bucs fan. Grew up as a Jets fan, but got sucked into loving the Bears while living in Chicago. Listened to Chicago Sports radio etc...when i moved to Florida, i was still able to listen to Chicago Radio over the interwebs. I pull for the Bucs from a community standpoint...but that's it. Staying in the Chicago "know" has kept that fandom

My take is if you move to a good sports city, adopt those teams, because it's fun to be a part of that. If you are in a crappy sports city it really doesn't matter.

i think i am going to buy a full length hooded cardigan.

Pretty sure i can pull it off
View attachment 7815
I feel like even if you could pull this off w/your build/age/vibe it is going to get LOOKS if you aren't living in NYC or LA. Don't let that stop you, though! The world needs more people taking fashion risks and developing their own individual style (like our boy YUKON).

Patriots/Jets/Giants fans are all insufferable, so there was no way I as adopting those teams when I moved to New England. Instead, I just sort of phased out of anything beyond a passing interest in the NFL.

What's weird (to me, at least) is being a huge fan of only one sport from a college you didn't attend when you haven't even lived near that college in ~30 years.
very weird

What makes you think I keep up with only one sport ? I've got a friend with a son on the tennis team. Georgia's basketball program has been every bit as successful as Wake's over the past decade, and Wake's loss to them could wind up being the very result that keeps them out of the tournament this year.

And it takes me 20 minutes longer to get to Athens than it would be to get to NC State. It's not that far.

Nah, I just like to learn a bit about y'all, and while Diggler does a thorough job of chronicling his present day (window open/closed, slippers and sweatpants), his early years remain shrouded in mystery. Also how come all the GA people are Panthers fans?
Because the Falcons have sucked longer than the Panthers have been in existence.

I feel like even if you could pull this off w/your build/age/vibe it is going to get LOOKS if you aren't living in NYC or LA. Don't let that stop you, though! The world needs more people taking fashion risks and developing their own individual style (like our boy YUKON).
Well because i'm a fucking Adult and a professional I wouldn't wear it on work video calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back