• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chaundee Brown is gone

How the hell did Manning get Tulsa to the tournament?

One of the great mysteries in the state of Oklahoma! Rumor has it, people still wander the streets of Tulsa muttering similar thoughts....and laughing at us!.....:werd:

Somebody had to win that tournament. I think they only won one game vs a top 100 team in that stretch. Something like that.

according to kenpom - (in case anyone cares, ha)
Tulsa was 10-12 overall and then won eight straight to close out the regular season beating (kenpom rating in parenthesis):
Rice (299)
East Carolina (239)
Old Dominion (175)
Florida Atlantic (244)
Fla Intl (231)
UTEP (103)
Texas San Antonio (313) - won in OT at home 72-70
North Texas (232)

Then beat Tulane (285), Middle TN (89) and La Tech (37) to win conference tournament.

That stretch was enough to convince Wellman to hire the man. Prior to that win streak, Daniel was 27-28 overall at Tulsa.

Wellman and now Currie have pretty much killed my lifelong Wake fandom. I only passingly care about football and that program is doing great.

Just hard to support something where those in charge do not give the slightest damn about producing a quality product or even graduating players.

I don’t think of it as punishing the administration, but as refusing to continue punishing myself.
The Corona is killing sports anyway so Wake is finally ahead of the curve.

Tulsa was 10-12 overall and then won eight straight to close out the regular season beating (kenpom rating in parenthesis):
Rice (299)
East Carolina (239)
Old Dominion (175)
Florida Atlantic (244)
Fla Intl (231)
UTEP (103)
North Texas (232)

Then beat Tulane (285), Middle TN (89) and La Tech (37) to win conference tournament.

That stretch was enough to convince Wellman to hire the man. Prior to that win streak, Daniel was 27-28 overall at Tulsa.
Pretty much confirms that Wellman was a huge fan of small sample sizes. I guess it's a positive that he based his decision on 10 games with Manning versus a single game with Bzzz. SMH.

Rice (299)
East Carolina (239)
Old Dominion (175)
Florida Atlantic (244)
Fla Intl (231)
UTEP (103)
North Texas (232)

Hard to imagine that resume would get you a look at any power 6 conference. Add a dud personality and you have a guarantee of failure.

Wellman hired 2 of the worst track records with 2 of the worst personalities ever hired at a power 6 program.

Wellman should get beat up everyday of what is left of his life.

Wouldn’t it be something if he went to Louisville and all of a sudden Dino turned Chaunde into an All American?

I'd love to see that happen. I don't blame the kid for getting out of this mess. If I were his dad, I'd tell him to look at Winston in the rear-view mirror.

I'd love to see that happen. I don't blame the kid for getting out of this mess. If I were his dad, I'd tell him to look at Winston in the rear-view mirror.

I'd tell him not to look back.

The sad part about this is that if we would have just fired Danny before this past season, and hired a good coach, we actually had some strong talent on the team. We would have been decently competitive, and the new coach would have had his recruiting bump for being the new guy.

Add in veterans Sarr, Brown, Mucius heading into year two, with a strong recruiting class and we could have been on the road to recovery. We have the worst timing with coaches. We fire Dino when we shouldn’t, we hire redacted who is terrible, we don’t fire him year 3 like we should have, we hire Danny (which I still think was a decent ‘shot’ at the time), but then we don’t fire him when we absolutely should, and this is what happens.

Coaches either have momentum or they don’t, I somewhat understood the fact that we gave him year 5 given that year 4 was kind of odd, and we lost a lot of close games...but you could have justified firing him after year 4, and there is no question he should have been gone after year 5. The fact that we gave him year 6, and are now looking year 7 square in the face is unbelievable.

We could not have done a better job of tanking our program if we tried. Programs recover from bad coaches...I don’t know how we recover from this. The next coach’s talent pool is going to be so shallow it will take 3 years to come out from under the sucktitude.

Lol, Wooden would have won like three or four more games with this roster.

The sad part about this is that if we would have just fired Danny before this past season, and hired a good coach, we actually had some strong talent on the team. We would have been decently competitive, and the new coach would have had his recruiting bump for being the new guy.

Add in veterans Sarr, Brown, Mucius heading into year two, with a strong recruiting class and we could have been on the road to recovery. We have the worst timing with coaches. We fire Dino when we shouldn’t, we hire redacted who is terrible, we don’t fire him year 3 like we should have, we hire Danny (which I still think was a decent ‘shot’ at the time), but then we don’t fire him when we absolutely should, and this is what happens.

Coaches either have momentum or they don’t, I somewhat understood the fact that we gave him year 5 given that year 4 was kind of odd, and we lost a lot of close games...but you could have justified firing him after year 4, and there is no question he should have been gone after year 5. The fact that we gave him year 6, and are now looking year 7 square in the face is unbelievable.

We could not have done a better job of tanking our program if we tried. Programs recover from bad coaches...I don’t know how we recover from this. The next coach’s talent pool is going to be so shallow it will take 3 years to come out from under the sucktitude.

We don’t recover from this. Wake is finished as a basketball program. Wellman killed it and Wake alums and fans should care but they all say it can be recovered. Hope lives eternal. It’s dead. Wake basketball is dead.

So now that manning is gone, is there any way for brown to come back? or has the shipped sailed?

Back