• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cheerios commercial features interracial couple... Predictably, morons follow.

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
Cheerios began running this commercial featuring an interracial couple...

This was unpleasant for some.

The problem is that TV ads have always lagged TV programming in this regard, as so many brands are clearly scared of being perceived as making a political statement with the casting of their commercials. Thus, the Cheerios ad, despite its characters being representative of tens of thousands of actual couples in America, sticks out like a sore thumb. And then you have the YouTube comments section, which predictably has devolved into an endless flame war, with references to Nazis, "troglodytes" and "racial genocide." At what point will an ad like this just seem normal?
http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/its-2...g-worked-about-interracial-couples-ads-149889

Cheerios has now deactivated comments on their YouTube video. A lot of people still bitching on Twitter. Although the Cheerios Facebook page is receiving a lot of positive feedback.

Sad that in 2013 this is even an issue.

I'm not sure that the Kevin Durant commercial (shrunken pajamas) isn't a bit racist in its own right.

Hard to put my finger on it, but I think she's objectifying him at an uncomfortable level.

You could do the same commercial with Kevin Love or better yet Yao Ming and it wouldn't be any different.

Skins, you must be real uncomfortable seeing an Asian woman and black man together.

A bunch of idiots posting in a comments section on YouTube doesn't make this an issue. Bringing light to those lunatics and making a big deal about it doesn't help anything.

Those people are low life scum and will die off having little to no influence on any person getting a job, going to college, etc. This is a non issue and shit like this is only used by people like RJ to rant and cry online while doing nothing of substance.

I mean, if after first seeing the Durant commercial you don't think the mom wants to jump his bones nuance isn't your thing.

A favorite of mine these days: [video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DWynJkN5HbQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDWynJkN5HbQ[/video]

I mean, if after first seeing the Durant commercial you don't think the mom wants to jump his bones nuance isn't your thing.

A favorite of mine these days: [video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DWynJkN5HbQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDWynJkN5HbQ[/video]

Why is it racist that the mom wants to jump his bones?

Where did I say it was? Hell, I think it's pretty hot. Then he's pulling leaves out of a gutter and I'm like, "WTF just happened and why can't their son watch?"

Why is it racist that the mom wants to jump his bones?

Hard to put my finger on it, but I think she's objectifying him at an uncomfortable level.

Wouldn't that make it sexist, and not racist? Unless you're implying that she is only objectifying him because he's black.

Wouldn't that make it sexist, and not racist? Unless you're implying that she is only objectifying him because he's black.

Like I said, I can't put my finger on why, but it just leaves me feeling uncomfortable.

BTW, are you guys watching this UNC v. FAU elimination baseball game? Heels gave up a two out grandslam in the 9th to choke away a 6-4 lead, came back in the bottom of the 9th. ESPNU, NOW.

The Cheerio's ad is totally innocuous and positive. Anyone who doesn't see a loving family and a beautiful little girl has got a major problem.

The Kevin Durant ad is racist because the white lady turns him into her slave and makes him clean the gutters.

The Cheerio's ad is totally innocuous and positive. Anyone who doesn't see a loving family and a beautiful little girl has got a major problem.

Most all people do! If you show any form of racism publicly, or even just appear that way, you are roasted from all sides and your professional life might as well be over. People love looking at the comments of a few low life's and automatically trash our society and generalize that our country is racist. I believe that simply isn't true at all. Yes people are racist, but in what large scale way are those people doing anything of substance to hold back minorities? Its impossible to do across almost all jobs, governments, etc.

Back