• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chicago Cubs Thread - Playoff Push Pending

I think Wood looked alright. I guess if he's available to go three innings or so every appearance he'll be good for a couple outings a week if we need him as the long guy.

Not optimal but it's not the end of the world right now either. We need Lester to put together a good start next time around. Hopefully the Hendricks and Hammel keep pitching like they have.

Cubs win 6-3. The bullpen provides six shutout innings to secure the win. Montero hits a 3 run HR and Fowler hits a solo shot. Since May 20, the Cub bullpen has pitched 60 innings with an ERA of 1.80.

2015 Chicago Cubs Thread: 31-26, Tigers upcoming

Miggy Montero tweeting up a storm tonight, most likely in response to you haders #wearegood

Last edited:
Castro ties it up with a bomb off cueto - now we have to hope the pen can go another few innings, which is going to be tough since they are on their 4th relieve in the 9th inning.

Cubs lose 5-4 in 10 innings. Errors by Russell (first inning) and Bryant (tenth inning) lead to 3 unearned runs. Wind knocks down a Russell HR in the 8th. Bruce makes a diving catch of Herrera's would be game winning hit in the bottom of the ninth.

Cubs lead 3-1 after 5 innings. Rain delay. Bryant with 2 hits and 2 runs. Montero with 2 hits and 2 RBI's the result of a 2 run HR. Hendricks in control with 7 K's. Maybe luck prevails and this game is over.

Game being over is best for us - winning and bullpen doesn't have to do anything else. Montero leaned on that homer...Bryant with a ten game hitting streak now. Hendricks really looked good.

Cubs win 4-3. Castro singles to drive in Bryant, who doubled to open the ninth. Bryant with two doubles and a single scores three runs. Grimm, Wood, Strop and Motte each pitch a scoreless inning to finish the game.

Last edited:
That was a wild game. Barely stayed awake during the rain delay and thought they would call it for us, but that was a fantastic ending.

Lake to Iowa, Schlitter returns to the bullpen. 14 pitchers and 11 position players. So much for flexibility. Baxter gets another start in RF.

Survived Jackson. Strike zone is enormous, especially outside. Rosscup now in trouble...and here comes Schlitter. Survived again.

Last edited:
Starlin may never win 'em all over, but last two days won't hurt

Lightning strikes twice! Cubs win 2-1 . Starlin Castro with a game winning hit for the second night in a row. Tip of the hat to Coughlan for a 11th inning double and scoring the winning run. An outstanding start by Lester and four innings of shutout relief.

Last edited:
Our bullpen was phenomenal that series. Think they allowed one run in 13-15 innings of work

I dont think it really solves our 5th starter situation, but Jacob Turner had a solid rehab game in AA last night - guessing if everything goes well in the next 3 or 4 starts, he will get a shot at that 5th spot. I mean, he has stuff and was a consensus top 25 prospect coming through the minors - but there was no bosio-effect last year, so not really getting my hopes up for some sort of arrieta-like transformation.

Our bullpen was phenomenal that series. Think they allowed one run in 13-15 innings of work

I was having this convo a few minutes ago, 19 innings, 2 ER (Rondons was unearned, the bomb off Russell was it). But, likely also why we went with a 14 man staff.

Back