• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Childress new Assistant Basketball coach (Corbean gone)

Interesting how Buzz refers to the decision maker as we. This has Wellman's hands all over it.

“Walt is an excellent basketball coach and even a greater person,’’ [Redacted] said. “This was a tough decision to make, but we felt it necessary to bring a fresh perspective to our coaching staff on the court.

[Redacted] is talking about bringing a fresh perspective to our coaching staff - someone shoot me right in the temple.

I'm sure that Walt must have gagged on that, but I guess there is something to be said about not burning your bridges.

Yawn. Lipstick on a pig. And Corbean will be picked up and be better off elsewhere. I wish him luck.

Hate hate hate. Wellman and Bz are now taking hostages. There is no way you can turn the offer down if you are Childress but this is not going to end well.

Yeah. Because Walt Corbean had so much influence on the on-court product and was the problem. Rrrrriiiiiigggghhhht.

There is something going on here. Hard for me not to believe the next Wake coach and his staff are not sitting on the bench now. Bz retires next year and Battle steps in.

Anyone that thinks bzz is going anywhere any time soon is kidding themselves. Bzz is gone only after mo'ron. #WellmanOut

So, what past player does Wellman bring in next to fill Chill's old role?

This sucks for Chill and Rusty...they could be learning more and building their resume working for a good low/mid major coach. Instead, their careers are being jeopardized by their own alma mater.

I always kinda figured that Wellman was eyeing Rusty to take over for Bz and Chill to take over as AD in a couple of years. With Chill going into the coaching staff, I guess I was incorrect.

So, what past player does Wellman bring in next to fill Chill's old role?

makhtar.jpg

I would love to believe that scenario. It's far better than multiple other options, all of which would require retaining Bzz.

I can't see it as a viable possibility. Even if it was, it would just be one more reason to hang Wellman from the highest tree, metaphorically speaking, of course, since we don't have any high trees anymore.

Edit. To clarify, I am referring to what ACC said about Battle.

Last edited:
“Walt is an excellent basketball coach and even a greater person,’’ [Redacted] said. “This was a tough decision to make, but we felt it necessary to bring a fresh perspective to our coaching staff on the court.

[Redacted] is talking about bringing a fresh perspective to our coaching staff - someone shoot me right in the temple.

A "fresh perspective" from someone inside the program.

Back