• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Childress new Assistant Basketball coach (Corbean gone)

I always kinda figured that Wellman was eyeing Rusty to take over for Bz and Chill to take over as AD in a couple of years. With Chill going into the coaching staff, I guess I was incorrect.

I wish all the success in the world for our team but I find it hard to believe that Rusty and Randolph would be considered for our head coaching position in the next few years. Any coaching search in the world would conclude that the most likely candidates would be a current head coach. Corbean seems like a good guy and if we don't get to .500 in the ACC next season, I can't imagine the staff will be around for a 5th year.

Corbean is the real winner here. Congratulations Walt and good luck. #Chillisscrewed

I am boggled by the fact that anyone would want someone on our current staff to take over as HC. I love all three of our assistants but they need to go just like [Redacted].

Wake needs an image makeover as well as a coaching makeover at this point.

Nice. One of the worst three year stretches in ACC history and we replace an experienced assistant with someone who has never coached before.

Does Wellman not realize that this isn't going to work? Just destroying a young coach's career and even worse destroying an icons connection with the wake forest fan base. We still haven't hit rock bottom. It keeps getting worse.

I don't think wellman has felt this desperate since middle school when he'd stare at his horrific pizza face in the school bathroom mirror, wishing he were a million miles away while the bullies gathered outside the door ready to pounce.

Wish Corbean would spill the beans (since he was sacrificed for RW's manipulative ploy to position Chill between him and the fans.)

just imagine a year from now....

Childress becomes our most outspoken coach on the court. Everybody loves him: Fans, Players, Other teams fans. Shows a lot of passion and excitement for WFU basketball.

Except Buzz and Wellman. And they fire our beloved RC Duece Duece. Because thats not the right "culture" in their mind. mhmm....wont do much though because we cant hate them anymore than we already do at this point.

Duncan should be retiring soon. Maybe Wellman can use him to fill Chill's old position and create another shield.

There is something going on here. Hard for me not to believe the next Wake coach and his staff are not sitting on the bench now. Bz retires next year and Battle steps in.
I'm OK with this but we need to stop promoting from within. Get some fresh blood and experience to take over Battle's spot.

What a joke, Walt was so great that Pope was going to be demoted.

Corbean seems like a good guy and if we don't get to .500 in the ACC next season, I can't imagine the staff will be around for a 5th year.

LOL. Have you not been paying attention the past 3 years?

I always kinda figured that Wellman was eyeing Rusty to take over for Bz and Chill to take over as AD in a couple of years. With Chill going into the coaching staff, I guess I was incorrect.

You were way off base with your plans for Chilldress.

Corbean seems like a good guy and if we don't get to .500 in the ACC next season, I can't imagine the staff will be around for a 5th year.

LOL. Have you not been paying attention the past 3 years?

Well let me go ahead and soften the blow for you: There's no way this team is going .500 in the ACC next season, but the staff will be back for a fifth year.

Pathetic. Only word for it. It's pathetic that Wellman would fire someone for the sole purpose of strengthening the human shield around [Redacted]. The new culture is deplorable.

just imagine a year from now....

Childress becomes our most outspoken coach on the court. Everybody loves him: Fans, Players, Other teams fans. Shows a lot of passion and excitement for WFU basketball.

Except Buzz and Wellman. And they fire our beloved RC Duece Duece. Because thats not the right "culture" in their mind. mhmm....wont do much though because we cant hate them anymore than we already do at this point.

Let me give you the more likely scenario: Wellman holds onto Bzz and keeps Childress hostage as a human shield, ruining Childress' legacy by forever linking him to the worst stretch of Wake Forest basketball in history and making it near impossible for him to progress in his coaching career due to such a blemish on his resume.

Last edited:
Let me give you the more likely scenario: Wellman holds onto Bzz and keeps Childress hostage as a human shield, ruining Childress' legacy by forever linking him to the worst stretch of Wake Forest basketball in history and making it near impossible for him to progress in his coaching career due to such a blimmish on his resume.

Dont forget the inevitable Bzz extension that will come next year as well...

Back