• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

13th Street Meats is going to be opening a place less than a block away from me at Florida & 3rd called Meat & Foods. Awesome!

I was going to recommend Fast Gourmet, but I haven't been since the guys left to start TakEatEasy, so not sure if it's still good or not.

Mike Isabella is opening a new sandwich shop -- G -- at 14th and W soon. Should be pretty good I'd think.

Mike Isabella is opening a new sandwich shop -- G -- at 14th and W soon. Should be pretty good I'd think.

There was a pop-up for it yesterday on the ground floor of Graffiato. Don't know if it's still going on.

yeah he's actually opening two places next door to one another...Kapnos and G. Kapnos is supposed to specialize in roasted meats and be of Greek origin. if it's anything like the spit roasted lamb at Zaytinya, it'll be awesome. G is supposed to be sandwich shop by day, tasting menu by night. will be interesting to see how they do. love Graffiato, but have never been to Bandolero and haven't heard great things. I'm not as apt to go to a high end Mexican place done by a gringo...these new places seem to be more in his wheelhouse.

Roasted Cauliflower and the suckling pig sandwich. Good stuff at Graffiato. Place was packed but the turnover is quick.

I know i've asked before but I forgot. Going to Chinatown before a movie tonight and want to get chinese food. Last I checked there really wasn't anything good (I like the soup place with the ducks hanging on the window but its only mediocre), has that changed?

I know i've asked before but I forgot. Going to Chinatown before a movie tonight and want to get chinese food. Last I checked there really wasn't anything good (I like the soup place with the ducks hanging on the window but its only mediocre), has that changed?

No, Chinatown Express is still mediocre. It's better than most places, but the filthy factor takes away from it IMO. Tony Chen's is the most commercial there in C'town, but the food isn't bad. It's pretty standard fare. My rule of thumb with Chinese restaurants in town is that if they also sell subs and chicken wings then I won't order from there.

No, Chinatown Express is still mediocre. It's better than most places, but the filthy factor takes away from it IMO. Tony Chen's is the most commercial there in C'town, but the food isn't bad. It's pretty standard fare. My rule of thumb with Chinese restaurants in town is that if they also sell subs and chicken wings then I won't order from there.

See I love Chinatown Express for their noodles and dumplings. I get over the filthiness factor. Hell, I saw Contagion then went there right away (if you've seen the movie, the last scene says it all). New Big Wong is ok as well if you get a bunch of plates to share.

In DC through Thurs for my standard few days of work each month. Going to Ghibellina tonight with one of my friends. Anyone been?

See I love Chinatown Express for their noodles and dumplings. I get over the filthiness factor. Hell, I saw Contagion then went there right away (if you've seen the movie, the last scene says it all). New Big Wong is ok as well if you get a bunch of plates to share.

Chinatown Express is fine on the filthiness factor.

Also their pork belly with preserved mustard green is amazeballs

So Fraegers Hardware burned down today in a four alarm fire. Was just there recently buying a new doorknob. RIP.

So Fraegers Hardware burned down today in a four alarm fire. Was just there recently buying a new doorknob. RIP.

I was on the phone with them on Saturday asking them to order me a bike rack. Guess I need to go somewhere else.

Back