• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

new Shophouse opened up on 7th across from the Clyde's. I've been there 3 times already because I'm disgusting.

I went to the Dupont one today and they were giving coupons for a free bowl if you filled out like a 1 minute survey on the spot. Free lunch!

My office is a block from there. What's it like?

Then your office is like a block from mine.

I like shophouse. It's basically asian chipotle. Choose a base, choose a meat, choose a veggie, choose a sauce, choose a topping, choose a garnish.

gotta ask for half and half on the veggies so you get more than 1...they charge you a buck if you just ask for more than 1. but my free coupon today I splurged on a steak bowl with 2 veg.

Great eating and drinking weekend:

Columbia Room and Zaytinya on Friday
G Tasting Menu on Saturday
Jamon Iberico Belota (the really good stuff) and cheese from Wagshal's for dinner last night

The Columbia Room was great, but the value is not there. We've been to barmini a few times and while it too is expensive I feel like we could do a few more rounds for there for less than the Columbia Room.

Anyone have a good, reasonably priced handyman they use? My roommate tried for two weeks to replace a section of his dry wall and just couldn't figure it out.

Anyone have a good, reasonably priced handyman they use? My roommate tried for two weeks to replace a section of his dry wall and just couldn't figure it out.

You could try handybook. We had a guy come fix our railing and he did a good job. Pretty cheap. Otherwise, Angie's List.

Guess what's on the menu today??

shophouse2.jpg

I recall you living right at Cali and 18th...I saw a car parked there yesterday with Wake plates and like disc golf stickers or something. Yours?

I recall you living right at Cali and 18th...I saw a car parked there yesterday with Wake plates and like disc golf stickers or something. Yours?

Discdude's car. We drove up from SC together and he crashed at my place Sunday night.

ah...I've seen a couple of other Wake cars parked there as well. Totes not stalking you just it's part of my morning walk to work.

Mmmmm, ShopHouse meatballs. Good stuff.

Today was my first time, just got the recommended bowl since it sounded good and wasn't overly spicy. Very solid. Can't speak to the others but it'd be hard to beat those meatballs.

Back