• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

I pretty much always get the meatballs. Steak is dece but I usually don't wanna pay. The chicken is usually dry.

I'll probs end up going Thurs or Fri, so I'll give the meatballs a shot. The chicken has always been good for me.

So I went to BToo (Belga Cafe's Logan outpost) over the weekend and it was really good. It was a little pricier than I was anticipating, but I'll defs be going back.

New Cuban place on 19th between L and M is pretty good. Fried pork sandwiches, plantains, etc.

New Cuban place on 19th between L and M is pretty good. Fried pork sandwiches, plantains, etc.

I read they're opening a new Greek carryout spot right around there. Which is just a few doors down from Greek Deli. Seems dumb, Greek Deli is so good.

Mmmmm, ShopHouse meatballs. Good stuff.

Still haven't tried the meatballs. Better than the chicken? I did not care for the beef.

Steak was good when the Dupont one first opened, but it went downhill after a while. The meatballs are definitely my goto there. So good. Meatballs on noodles with 1/2 green beans and 1/2 eggplant, green curry, all three condiments, and toasted garlic. Nom nom nom. Used to get the red curry but it got a little too uncomfortable so had to dial it back to the green.

I read they're opening a new Greek carryout spot right around there. Which is just a few doors down from Greek Deli. Seems dumb, Greek Deli is so good.

That does seem dumb. If it has zero line then it may be able to compete on speed alone.

Sophie's Cuban is pretty good. Tried a few things and been fairly pleased with each.

Steak was good when the Dupont one first opened, but it went downhill after a while. The meatballs are definitely my goto there. So good. Meatballs on noodles with 1/2 green beans and 1/2 eggplant, green curry, all three condiments, and toasted garlic. Nom nom nom. Used to get the red curry but it got a little too uncomfortable so had to dial it back to the green.

Brown rice, meatballs, half green bean/half kale (used to be broccoli but they said they switched it), half green/half red curry, all three condiments (extra pickles), garlic and chilis. top with Sriracha.

Anyone try Compass Rose or Etto on 14th St yet?

Etto is aight. A bit pricey for pizza.

I maintain the best pizza in the city is probably Menomale in Brookland, although its starting to get swarmed. There are a few places in Georgetown that are overlooked, like Il Canale. A good quiet, modern, Italian meal can be had there for a decent price. And their pizza is very good.

Etto is aight. A bit pricey for pizza.

I maintain the best pizza in the city is probably Menomale in Brookland, although its starting to get swarmed. There are a few places in Georgetown that are overlooked, like Il Canale. A good quiet, modern, Italian meal can be had there for a decent price. And their pizza is very good.

Woot! We actually haven't eaten in the restaurant in quite a while...but 2 blocks away makes easy carryout!

I actually like Red Rocks a lot (Columbia Heights and H St are the only two I've been to, but both have been good and I love the newish space on H)

Mmmm, Red Rocks. A waitress there recommended we get the Toscana (favorite) with broccoli rabe on it... So damn good. It takes some explaining though since that's not a normal topping.

Red Rocks was one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had. The food sucked. The beer sucked. The service sucked, and I'm very lenient on that. Everything was overpriced. The space (H Street) was schizophrenic at best. The clientele was douchy.

Randomly though, on the way up to the roof, there is a lounge off to the side of like the 2nd or 3rd floor. Got an IRL LOL out of me.

The Rose's Luxury rooftop experience is ridiculously awesome. I wouldn't need to eat again for days if it weren't for the leftovers they gave us.

I got the clam pizza at the red rocks on King St and that meant one clam in shell on top of each slice of basically cheese pizza. Pathetic.

How much coin did you end up dropping on it?

It's $125 plus drinks/tax/tip. They were pretty liberal with the wine pours and there was a free drink included. Right at $200/each I think. We were there for like 5 hours and half of the things we had were off-menu. Plus they brought back the lobster popcorn soup for us which might be one of the best things I've had anywhere this year. They also packed up lunches for the next day to send you home with in addition to the leftovers which was a great touch. Brisket sandwich, chips, and a capri sun. Pretty funny.

It's $125 plus drinks/tax/tip. They were pretty liberal with the wine pours and there was a free drink included. Right at $200/each I think. We were there for like 5 hours and half of the things we had were off-menu. Plus they brought back the lobster popcorn soup for us which might be one of the best things I've had anywhere this year. They also packed up lunches for the next day to send you home with in addition to the leftovers which was a great touch. Brisket sandwich, chips, and a capri sun. Pretty funny.

That's awesome.

Ima try and book Roses for my bday in a couple of weeks. Hope it works out.

Back