• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

I thought there was like a $1000 food minimum. Can you just book a 2-top?

8 person minimum. 10 max. They don't mix groups or anything - you reserve it you owe for 8 people no matter how many you bring. Table's yours from 6 till closing, the amount of food is pretty insane.

8 person minimum. 10 max. They don't mix groups or anything - you reserve it you owe for 8 people no matter how many you bring. Table's yours from 6 till closing, the amount of food is pretty insane.

Did you handle the reservation or did someone else? I'm just trying to gauge how hard it's going to be to get it.

Did you handle the reservation or did someone else? I'm just trying to gauge how hard it's going to be to get it.

I did. You just have to refresh the website at exactly 11am on a Monday to get a table 3 weeks from then. If you get one you have 2 minutes to put down a $200 deposit. When I got mine the entire week was gone in under 3 minutes. The weekend nights were snagged in less than a second.

I did. You just have to refresh the website at exactly 11am on a Monday to get a table 3 weeks from then. If you get one you have 2 minutes to put down a $200 deposit. When I got mine the entire week was gone in under 3 minutes. The weekend nights were snagged in less than a second.

Thanks. I think I'm gonna have a team of folks try and get it. My bday is a Friday so that's the night I want to get.

I snagged a Komi reservation today. Having to wait a month is going to be brutal.

Are the wine pairings legit?

I snagged a Komi reservation today. Having to wait a month is going to be brutal.

Are the wine pairings legit?

The pairings are terrific - sommelier there is as good as it gets. If I had it to do over I'd probably ask for full pours of the white they served during the crudo courses and the red that came with the goat shoulder, but that's only because I don't like champagnes or sweet wines much.

weird. I started at Laughing Man which was of course packed, and there was a 40 person line by 5pm. I ran into a buddy from Wake there and watched the first half, then biked down the street to Green Turtle to meet up with the friends who were supposed to meet me at LM but couldn't get in. Both places were great.

We had a watch party and a friend said the line to get into Buffalo Billiards right at kickoff stretched around the block

We ended up on the patio at Queen Vic. Got there 5 minutes before 5pm and 10 minutes later it was completely packed.

Awesome spot BUT there were was a group of Ghana fans randomly on the patio and that really killed the vibe. A couple of the dudes probably could have been a little more considerate considering they were surrounded by USA fans ("OHHH THAT WAS COMPLETELY UNINTENTIONAL DEMPSEY'S FACE JUST GOT IN THE WAY OF HIS LEG").

We were also at the VIC for the Argentina-Bosnia game last night, and our server kept hooking us up with several free shots of vodka (Bosnian water?) because we were pulling for Bosnia. That was cool too.

Had dinner/drinks at Chez Billy last night and absolutely loved it. Will defs be going back.

Had dinner/drinks at Chez Billy last night and absolutely loved it. Will defs be going back.

We went a few months ago. Liked but didn't love it. Super easy to get to from our house though so may return soon.

Anyone been to Rose's recently on a weeknight? Have parents in town this week who can babysit and are planning to meet friends right after work. Hoping getting there at 5:30ish we can get a table of 4 without much wait on a Wednesday?

Finally made it!

hy8azunu.jpg

Good stuff

Who is Deac on DR? Barca?

Rose's opens at 5:30 on weekdays. I would say if you're going Tuesday or Wednesday (or even Thursday) you don't have to be super early. I have only been once, but based on my experience, if you had showed up the day I went (on a Wednesday) at 6/6:15pm, you would've gotten seated at the bar downstairs (not sure if the upstairs bar was busy or not). By 6:30 it was definitely pretty crowded, so not sure what the wait would've been. We showed up at 5:25ish with about 30 people in front of us and got the last two kitchen view seats. But there were a number of tables and bar seats still open after we got seated.

Who is Deac on DR? Barca?

Rose's opens at 5:30 on weekdays. I would say if you're going Tuesday or Wednesday (or even Thursday) you don't have to be super early. I have only been once, but based on my experience, if you had showed up the day I went (on a Wednesday) at 6/6:15pm, you would've gotten seated at the bar downstairs (not sure if the upstairs bar was busy or not). By 6:30 it was definitely pretty crowded, so not sure what the wait would've been. We showed up at 5:25ish with about 30 people in front of us and got the last two kitchen view seats. But there were a number of tables and bar seats still open after we got seated.

tis me. thanks!

Tried out that new Jose Garces restaurant Rural Society last night. It's an Argentine steakhouse with a big parilla grill. Thought the atmosphere was good and thought the food was really good. Wife and I did the tasting menu and fuck, it was enough food to serve at least 4 people. It was WAY too much. At first I felt bad for leaving so much food on the plates, but they should know better. I'll probably go back if for no other reason than to sit at the bar facing the parilla like I did in montevideo a couple years ago. Oh, and it's defs not cheap.

315945_2334026144197_1502587771_n.jpg

Back