• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chip Kelly new head coach of Philadelphia Eagles

With McCoy, Jackson, Macklin, Avant, Kelly may be the right guy.

With McCoy, Jackson, Macklin, Avant, Kelly may be the right guy.

i

Typical Philly sports, the Flyers announce a new captain and the Eagles have to upstage them.

Can't wait to see what the Phillies do to take the headlines away. (Justin Upton???)

You don't have to worry as much about the mobility of the qb when you have one of the best rbs in the league and arguably the fastest player in nfl on your offense

Typical Philly sports, the Flyers announce a new captain and the Eagles have to upstage them.

Can't wait to see what the Phillies do to take the headlines away. (Justin Upton???)

Lol....spoken like someone who truly understands Philly sports ...pos rep

You don't have to worry as much about the mobility of the qb when you have one of the best rbs in the league and arguably the fastest player in nfl on your offense

Nothing like a read option offense without the threat to run from one of your options.

You do if you are trying to instill the spread-option as your offense.

It will be interesting to see whether he runs the full time no huddle in the NFL.

Vick would have to renegotiate to stay. I don't see that happening. Why would he want to play behind that OL again? Though he would be interesting running Kelly's O. I don't see Foles being a Kelly type of QB. Or a 1st round QB who would be either. I think Philly is a clusterfuck rebuilding project for the next few years because they don't have a franchise QB, an OL or much of a D. They do, however, have a secondary that is scared of tackling RBs.

Nothing like a read option offense without the threat to run from one of your options.

Why does everybody assume that he's just going to take his Oregon playbook and slap an Eagles sticker on top of it? There is no offense in football that would make Michael Vick work. He is not a good quarterback.

This legitimately scares me. He could be the right guy at the right time.

Vick would have to renegotiate to stay. I don't see that happening. Why would he want to play behind that OL again? Though he would be interesting running Kelly's O. I don't see Foles being a Kelly type of QB. Or a 1st round QB who would be either. I think Philly is a clusterfuck rebuilding project for the next few years because they don't have a franchise QB, an OL or much of a D. They do, however, have a secondary that is scared of tackling RBs.
They have a very good oline, 3 of the 5 were hurt this year. If they don't return heathy , you have a point, but no one knows that

Why does everybody assume that he's just going to take his Oregon playbook and slap an Eagles sticker on top of it? There is no offense in football that would make Michael Vick work. He is not a good quarterback.

He had a darn good season 2 years ago when he was upright. And some good seasons with the Falcons when he was Ron Mexico and before the dog killing stuff went public. Peyton Manning would have been horrible behind your OL this season. Hell, Jay Cutler must have thought before every game, "Well, I'm gonna get pummeled today, but at least I'm not behind Philly's OL."

Didn't say anything about Vick. His offense is who he is. He prides himself on it. Why wouldn't he run it? If he doesn't incorporate his offense, why hire him over others?

Didn't say anything about Vick. His offense is who he is. He prides himself on it. Why wouldn't he run it? If he doesn't incorporate his offense, why hire him over others?

Totally agree, I'm Not saying he is going to change his style but I'm sure he is going to adjust based on what he knows. In no way shape or form am I saying that Foles is the answer to this teams quarterback issues, I'm just saying he interviewed, they interviewed him, he understands the roster and will adjust accordingly.

He had a darn good season 2 years ago when he was upright. And some good seasons with the Falcons when he was Ron Mexico and before the dog killing stuff went public. Peyton Manning would have been horrible behind your OL this season. Hell, Jay Cutler must have thought before every game, "Well, I'm gonna get pummeled today, but at least I'm not behind Philly's OL."

No he didn't have a damn good season two years ago. He had a good first half of a season and has been mediocre at best ever since. And please stop bringing up Michael Vick prior to the dog incident, he is a different person ...not as fast, still dumb, still injury prone, and not very smart making in game decisions.

Back