• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chip Kelly new head coach of Philadelphia Eagles

Oregon = Butch Davis (Miami) They will be fine for one or two years until they have to recruit new talent. Oregon has never had tons of Nfl talent it was all Kelly.

Nike$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Luke$

I really don't think, overall, foles will make it under Kelly....my main point is that Vick is not all of the sudden resurect his career

Well, Kelly was a big fan of Foles when he played against him so you never know.

Really? As a Giants fan I am loving this move. When was the last time a college coach with a gimmick offense went to the NFL and succeeded? Ever? Guys like Spurrier and Saban couldn't hack it. The college guys who have been successful in the NFL, of which there are few to begin with (Jimmy Johnson, Harbaugh, Carroll recently), basically just run pro-style offenses with some wrinkles depending on personnel and focus on defense. I love this move, enjoy battling Romo for last place in the division for the next 3 years.

Don't be so sure he will run the same offense in the NFL, although I'm sure there will be certain elements. He did help design the Patriots' current offense. The word on him seems to be that he's smart to adapt any way he needs to. He came up with his current system when he was at New Hampshire because he didn't have a fullback.

I should probably clarify, I'm not sure Foles will make it in the NFL. Kelly has a rep for being a mad scientist.... My earlier post stated that he will adjust his offense for the NFL, it will be interesting to see what players remain on the Eagles roster.

He may have played his way into the 1st round this year. I think I saw that no QBs had a 1st round grade. Next year, he'd be behind a few guys.

Boyd actually did not grade out well for the NFL. Think he was projected anywhere from 3rd-5th round with 3rd being more likely after the way he ended the season. He really did need another year to further develop. He's pretty dedicated and spent last off season with that QB guru that's worked with a bunch of guys....Cam and Luck I believe are a couple.

He really improved his composure this year, and cut down on getting rattled too easy, but he still goes through cold stretches where he floats passes.....barring an injury, coming back for another year was a good choice. Nuk Hopkins, on the other hand, definitely had to go pro after this year...

Bummer. I like Chip Kelly and I like Oregon. I strongly dislike the Eagles. Hopefully Oregon pulls a Stanford, but I doubt it.

Yeah, I really like them at the top of the food chain, especially now that my usual west coast bandwagon team has such a pathetic scumbag as its HC.

Interesting though, I always thought Oregon is generally considered a somewhat shady program, but looking at their message board, there are multiple comments saying things like "use Belotti as a placeholder to keep the culture sound" and "yeah get Briles if you want NCAA scrutiny" are these guys serious?

UGA was looking to have their best recruiting class in decades, and now it looks like Kelly will be snatching up our DC who would have been the key to landing our defensive recruits. Well, looks like another few year of being the bitch to Alabama.:jerkit:

Saban spent all of six years coaching in the NFL before he got the Dolphins head coaching job, very different animal than Carroll, who spent 16 years coaching in the NFL (including two head coaching jobs) before he went to USC.

UGA was looking to have their best recruiting class in decades, and now it looks like Kelly will be snatching up our DC who would have been the key to landing our defensive recruits. Well, looks like another few year of being the bitch to Alabama.:jerkit:

How is this any different than the last 30 years when you've been the bitch to LSU, Florida, Auburn, Tennessee, Bama all at various times?

Boyd actually did not grade out well for the NFL. Think he was projected anywhere from 3rd-5th round with 3rd being more likely after the way he ended the season. He really did need another year to further develop. He's pretty dedicated and spent last off season with that QB guru that's worked with a bunch of guys....Cam and Luck I believe are a couple.

He really improved his composure this year, and cut down on getting rattled too easy, but he still goes through cold stretches where he floats passes.....barring an injury, coming back for another year was a good choice. Nuk Hopkins, on the other hand, definitely had to go pro after this year...

I'm not surprised by his grade. I'm saying that there wouldn't be many QBs ahead of him on the board. With a good combine, he could play his way into being the first QB taken which would happen late 1st or 2nd. Next year, he could have a stronger grade, but be behind other 1st round quality QBs.

I haven't really followed this thread, I just want to point out how incredible Chip Kelly's ascent has been. He was offensive coordinator for New Hampshire for the 2006 season and will be head coach for a NFL team for the 2013 season. Went from probably $100k (if that) to $6.5mm.

So Chip Kelly has gone from an FCS OC to an NFL head coach in the years since we won the ACC Championship.

Or you can put it like this. If Grobe had fired Lobo in 2005, we probably could have gotten Chip Kelly.

No he didn't have a damn good season two years ago. He had a good first half of a season and has been mediocre at best ever since. And please stop bringing up Michael Vick prior to the dog incident, he is a different person ...not as fast, still dumb, still injury prone, and not very smart making in game decisions.

Bingo! Not to mention that he is still short and throws three-quarters.

Back