• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul's New Crib

well yeah bob. we hate the great players who played at unc and duke. paul was great for wake, and would have been great at unc and duke. so we would have hated him.

no
fucking
shit

Exaggerate much?

I don't know what Bob Knight's net worth is, but you say it is "something like 15-20 million dollars". What do you base that statement on? The same information where you got that I don't want anyone to make over $50,000? Sounds to me like you are just pulling a lot of stuff out of your ass. But anyway, say Knight's new worth is that much (which I really doubt)....he coached 40 years to accumulate that. How much is Chris Paul being paid for one year?

Not enough, he doubled the price of tickets in staples center this year.

Avril Lavigne writes a ton of songs as well and has so for the likes of Kelly Clarkson and others.

That's sad. (Not that Paul is not being paid enough, but that ticket prices were doubled so that they could pay Chris Paul a ridiculous amount of money so that he could buy an $8.5 million, 12,000 sq foot house. What a fucked-up nation we have become.)

Ticket prices were doubled because of supply and demand. They sold out season ticket packages the night the trade was announced. Clips tickets are now on par with Lakers tickets (Hardwood seats used to be $1,500 and now are $3,000 - on par with Lakers)

Assuming 40 hardwood seats and 33 games per year, he made them $2 million just on the first row of seats.

Would you prefer Sterling kept the money instead of giving it to Chris so he could upgrade from a 20,000 sqft place to a 30,000 sqft place?

Last edited:
It's just a damn shame that Chris Paul isn't the upstanding citizen and man that Bob Knight is. Without more men like Knight, the world's going to hell in a handbasket.:rolleyes:

1976 — Upset over two turnovers in a Big Ten game, Knight grabs sophomore Jim Wisman by the jersey and jerks him into his seat.

1979 — Knight is charged and later convicted in absentia for hitting a policeman before practice at the Pan American Games in Puerto Rico.

1980 — Playfully fires a blank shot at a reporter. A week later, Knight and his wife take turns chiding an Assembly Hall crowd for not cheering enough during a game.

1981 — In Philadelphia for the Final Four, Knight gets into a shoving match with an LSU fan, who says the coach stuffed him into a garbage can.

1983 — Knight criticizes Big Ten officiating by standing at midcourt and cursing at Big Ten Commissioner Wayne Duke, who is in the press box.

1985 — Tosses a chair across the court during a game against Purdue, prompting his ejection and a one-game suspension.

1986 — Receives technical foul for shouting at the officials during a game against Illinois, then kicks a megaphone and admonishes Indiana cheerleaders for disrupting a free-throw attempt by Steve Alford.

1988 — In an NBC interview with Connie Chung, who asked how he handles stress, Knight says: "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it." He explains he was talking about something beyond one's control, not the act of rape.

1992 — Gives a mock whipping to Calbert Cheaney, a black player, during practice for the NCAA West Regional, offending several black leaders.

1993 — Is suspended for one game after a sideline tirade in a 101-82 victory over Notre Dame in which he screams at his player son, Pat, and kicks at him. When fans behind the Indiana bench boo, Knight turns and responds with an obscenity.

1994 — Head-butts Sherron Wilkerson while screaming at him on the bench but says it was unintentional. After the next game, the Hoosiers' home finale against Wisconsin, Knight takes the public address microphone and recites a profane verse directed at his critics.

1999 — Is investigated for possible battery after allegedly choking a man at a restaurant. The man reportedly confronted Knight as he was leaving, contending he heard Knight make a racist remark. Prosecutor refuses to file charges. Assistant Ron Felling is fired after Knight allegedly throws him out of a chair after hearing him criticize the program.

2000 — Is investigated in March by university after former player Neil Reed says Knight choked him at a practice in 1997. In May, Knight's suspended for three games, ordered to pay a $30,000 fine and barred from having physical contact with a player or university employee by IU President Myles Brand after an investigation found a pattern of inappropriate behavior. Is accused on Sept. 7 of grabbing a student by the arm, cursing and lecturing him about manners after the coach was addressed "Hey, Knight, what's up?" Three days later, Knight's fired for violating "zero-tolerance" policy and for what university President Myles Brand calls a "pattern of unacceptable behavior."

2003 — Launches into a profanity-filled tirade after an ESPN reporter asks about his relationship with former player Steve Alford, who also was participating in the interview. Alford's Iowa team was playing Texas Tech in Dallas. Knight later apologized.

Yeah, add merch sales, ad sales on local TV broadcasts etc. and CP3 is definitely earning that $.

Thanks for posting Stig. Until today, I thought Knight stuffed the guy in the trash can in Puerto Rico. Didn't realize P.R. is where he was convicted of hitting a policeman.

This didn't make your list, but I was Googling "Bob Knight salary" and Google autofill said "Bob Knight salad bar incident". WTF?

bkf, I guess what I'm saying is that you're on a WF board, are a WF fan, and (IIRC) an alumnus. So why pick anyone other than a WF-related person or aspect for a board name? It's like working at Ford but calling yourself LouisChevroletFan on the F150 message boards. It's polarizing and likely to prejudice people against you regardless of whatever you say.

GentlemanCarlTacyFan would have gone over better.

Los Angeles Clippers star Chris Paul is planning to stay in town a while ... 'cause he's about to drop $8.5 MILLION on a sick Bel Air mansion that he's buying from Avril Lavigne ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us ... Paul fell in love with the 12,184 square foot place, which Avril originally listed for $9.5 mil and decided he had to make a move.

The mansion -- located in a hoity-toity private community called Bel Air Crest -- includes 8 bedrooms and 10.5 bathrooms, a wine cellar, 10-car garage, gym, sauna and a covered outdoor living room.

We're told the real estate agents who engineered the deal are Jade Mills and Zach Quittman from Coldwell Banker in Beverly Hills who reps Avril, and, Ikem Chukumerije from SportsRelocation.com, who reps Chris.

Before Avril moved in ... Travis Barker lived in the place with his ex Shanna Moakler ... and it was even featured on their MTV reality show "Meet the Barkers."

As for Paul, dude is in year 3 of a 4-year $68,000,000 contract ... so, he can afford it.

I assume Chris is still under the same contract from NO. I didn't realize it was 68M. Wow.

We've been thru this before on another thread. Bob Knight has never lived in anything remotely approaching an $8 million, 12,000 sq foot house. Nor has he ever made anything approaching the money that Paul is being paid.

The comparison is total bullshit.

Got ya...so you admit that your line is totally arbitrary. Can you tell us where you draw it since it seems to be somewhere between Bob Knight and Chris Paul?

bkf, I guess what I'm saying is that you're on a WF board, are a WF fan, and (IIRC) an alumnus. So why pick anyone other than a WF-related person or aspect for a board name? ..... It's polarizing and likely to prejudice people against you regardless of whatever you say.

Between the user name and deserting the school's athletic department for 25 years, bkf definitely starts each thread with an 0-2 count. Each post reminds people that he "cheated" on us with a basketball mistress for 25 years.

GentlemanCarlTacyFan would have gone over better.

Yep.

No desire to read the book bkf, but I do like Knight. Read Season on the Brink, and am a fan of anyone who breaks Dean Smith's records. :thumbsup:

But what is even more comical is knowing that if Paul had played at Duke or Carolina instead of Wake Forest, the very same people who slobber over him now....like you....would despise him as much as you do J J Redick. Because you would then look at Paul like most of the fans other than WF fans do....as a great point guard....who has a definite attitude problem and who is, at heart, a smartass.

1. No one gives a shit about JJ Reddick anymore.
2. 1 nut punch at 19 years old does not equal lifetime "attitude problem"
3. Smartass?

Also, considering you worship one of the biggest assholes in sports history, your judgement of CP having an attitude problem is...suspect.

Between the user name and deserting the school's athletic department for 25 years, bkf definitely starts each thread with an 0-2 count. Each post reminds people that he "cheated" on us with a basketball mistress for 25 years.

We have a winner!

Better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

Paul has been on The Tonight Show and Jimmy Kimmel Live since the trade. Both Leno and Kimmel bust on the Clippers and Paul does a great job in those interviews.

Yeah, this is where this thread needs to go. Back to accolades for CP and congrats for his new purchase.

Back