• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cincinnati-Xavier brawl!

Damn, looks like it was a joint effort with the Xavier player throwing the first punch. That's a bad look when you're up that much... Rivalry aside.

Would you respect Ty Walker more or less if he decked someone like Gates did? My sensible side says 'less' but I really wanna say 'more'

Would you respect Ty Walker more or less if he decked someone like Gates did? My sensible side says 'less' but I really wanna say 'more'

I'm right there with you. Though, considering the fact that we could actually use Ty, I'd replace him with Nikita.

"Would you respect Nikita more or less if he decked someone like Gates did? My sensible side says 'less' but I really wanna say 'more."

MORE.

Looking at the full video, it looks like Yancy Gates was the main offender in just about.... everything.

I mean Yancy is jawing and may have instigated some minor contact, but the Xavier guy hitting him is what escalated it. Not saying that I like Yancy, but I think it'd be a shame to blame it all on him with what's there.

After watching the Deadspin video, I predict we won't be seeing good ol' Yancy for quite some time.

Well, as soon as the Cinci guy got pushed by Dez Wells (I think), Yancy throws the ball at Dez Wells. Then Yancy Gates punches Frease in the face. Then Yancy Gates stomps on Frease while he's on the ground. Then Yancy Gates is restrained by his team, but not for long, because he throws at least one more punch toward another player from what I can tell.

Well, as soon as the Cinci guy got pushed by Dez Wells (I think), Yancy throws the ball at Dez Wells. Then Yancy Gates punches Frease in the face. Then Yancy Gates stomps on Frease while he's on the ground. Then Yancy Gates is restrained by his team, but not for long, because he throws at least one more punch toward another player from what I can tell.

Yeah, you're right. I thought the guy jawing at the beginning was Gates. My mistake. Still think the X threw the first punch, though.

#13 on Cincy stomps on Frease, though.

But, I agree. Gates is gone. Major punk move.

Yeah, you're right. I thought the guy jawing at the beginning was Gates. My mistake. Still think the X threw the first punch, though.

#13 on Cincy stomps on Frease, though.

But, I agree. Gates is gone. Major punk move.

Are you sure it's #13? I don't doubt you, but I watched 3-4 times and I thought it was #34, which would be Yancy.

Loved how the entire X bench ran right past a staggering bloodied Frease on their way to the fight. Way to take care of your guy right there.

Lots of idiocy wearing both colors.

Nevermind. You are right. It's #13. Shortly after Yancy is yanked out of the pile for some reason though.

Are you sure it's #13? I don't doubt you, but I watched 3-4 times and I thought it was #34, which would be Yancy.

Tu Holloway and #14 on Cincy are jawing and #5 on Xavier makes first contact when he pushes #14 Cincy into the bench.

Then Gates crashed the party and throws a few punches, the second of which sends Frease to the floor where #13 stomps on him.

Look at 1:12 to 1:15 of this vid.

Man, for as much of a punk as Gates has proved himself to be, this freshman is probably done for the season, as well.

wow, what a mess.

I've never heard of a basketball game being called before all the time had run off the clock. I wonder what would have happened if there were 9 seconds left in a tie game - would they have tried to restore order and finish the game?

A little bit of searching finds the Georgetown/China brawl ended that game early, and there was a high school fight in Cleveland that ended a blowout game early.

I'd like to see Gates get 15 game suspension at a minimum. There's no room for that kind of shit in college athletics.
#13 should get 10 games or more too.
Lots pf attempted punches by Xavier bench. They will be thin for their next few games.

Cinci started the physical contact with a push to the face, then immediately pushed down by Xavier teammate.

I'm guessing that Gates and #13 will be kicked off of the team by Cronin/and the AD

I'm guessing that Gates and #13 will be kicked off of the team by Cronin/and the AD

That would be appropriate. Gates is a Sr. #13 is a JUCO transfer (Jr.) Hope the thrill Gates got was worth it.

Guess we shoulda scheduled Xavier after all! Our starters vs. Their bench would be a good game

Back