• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cincinnati-Xavier brawl!

Wow -- Great Presser. Cincy should be proud to have him as a coach (judging from the presser, i know nothing about him other then just watching that)

I'm shocked that he was as able to stay as calm as he did when talking about it.

Lyons, #10, and Wells, #5, from Xavier also threw punches near the Cincy bench. They should be gone multiple games as well.

Lyons, #10, and Wells, #5, from Xavier also threw punches near the Cincy bench. They should be gone multiple games as well.

And they showed absolutely NO remorse in their post-game presser. None.

Um...did anyone see Tu Holloway's postgame comments? Dude literally said they have "gangstas" on their team. Then Mark Lyons basically said their team is from the streets and that's how they roll. Chris Mack and Xavier should be absolutely embarrassed.

A sportswriter said that two Xavier players were at the presser before Cronin and seemed to be very happy with what went on. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
ESPN just showed some of their comments. Basically along the lines of "where we are from, you have to fight back when someone sticks their hand in your face". No remorse, no thought that maybe getting in a fight over a stupid game is a poor reflection on them as individuals or the team. Seemed as happy to win the fight as they were to win the game.

Holloway and Lyons from Xavier talking about Where We From we call that Zipping them Up - body bag reference.

Suspend both of them for at least 5 games for THOSE COMMENTS.

Also, a bunch of Gangstas, not thugs, but Gangstas.

Oh, ok, I got it now.

So, Gates - kick off the UC team for multiple punches.

Lyons and Holloway at least 5 games.

*IDIOTS roaming a college campus near you*

Xavier alums must be absolutely thrilled with those comments.

Sounds to me that Xavier has a lack of institutional control.

Um...did anyone see Tu Holloway's postgame comments? Dude literally said they have "gangstas" on their team. Then Mark Lyons basically said their team is from the streets and that's how they roll. Chris Mack and Xavier should be absolutely embarrassed.

The X players said that they would fight back when someone put "their hands on them" first, that they wouldn't back down and get their face punched in.

From the video, it looks as if Xavier started the fight when they pushed that Cincinnati player who was jawing with Holloway.

Just now watching Cronin's comments. He is spot on about the fight as well as the state of college athletics.

Sounds like the refs did not do a good job controlling the situation leading up to the end of the game. Not surprising.

The X players said that they would fight back when someone put "their hands on them" first, that they wouldn't back down and get their face punched in.

From the video, it looks as if Xavier started the fight when they pushed that Cincinnati player who was jawing with Holloway.

The Cincy player who got shoved did put his hand on Holloway's before the push although I think Well was already committed to shoving him at that point.

Who ever threw that sucker punch just played his last game of college basketball.

And they showed absolutely NO remorse in their post-game presser. None.

True, but an idiotic decision by Mack to let them talk to the press. Almost anyone that soon after a fight would be riled up and talking like that.

Wow -- Great Presser. Cincy should be proud to have him as a coach (judging from the presser, i know nothing about him other then just watching that)

Funny thing is it seems pretty likely this is his last year.

Xavier does not look good in this at all.

True, but an idiotic decision by Mack to let them talk to the press. Almost anyone that soon after a fight would be riled up and talking like that.

Horrible decision. Cinci didn't make their players available, their coach said the right things, and they come out of this looking better than Xavier, who had their players sit there and say dumb stuff (and they even posted the video on their website!), and it didn't seem like Chris Mack was very apologetic either.

Pretty glad that we didn't play them this year

Horrible decision. Cinci didn't make their players available, their coach said the right things, and they come out of this looking better than Xavier, who had their players sit there and say dumb stuff (and they even posted the video on their website!), and it didn't seem like Chris Mack was very apologetic either.

Pretty glad that we didn't play them this year

WELLMAN IN!!!

You can take the thug out of the hood, but you cant take the hood out of the......................... oh nevermind.

Back