• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cincinnati-Xavier brawl!

man that cinci coach made some great comments in his press conference. That's exactly how you handle that.

Cincy's not a big town. I would assume these players see each other out at bars and clubs from time to time. That'll be interesting.

No, but I'm not trying to crucify some kids who are emotional and possibly have been raised in an environment where having their teammate's back, no matter how violent, is seen as a positive trait.

Even if this were correct... Are cincy and x the only teams in the country whose players fit that description?

Saw the fight and excerpts from pressers on SportsCenter just now. Turned to my wife and said "Xavier's coach ought to be fired tomorrow for letting his players do the presser after that fight." I mean, how could he possibly think that putting those players in front of the press, still sweaty and amped up from a brawl, could have anything other than a horrible result?

Unbelievable.

No, but I'm not trying to crucify some kids who are emotional and possibly have been raised in an environment where having their teammate's back, no matter how violent, is seen as a positive trait.

Any amped-up 19 year old kid is going to say some stupid things while amped up on a huge adrenaline and testosterone rush after a brawl like that. If they had been rednecks from some North Carolina swamp county, they would have used different words to express the same tough guy concepts. The players' comments were unfortunate, embarrassing to their college, and are going to be damaging to Xavier's reputation in a lot of circles. But that pales in comparison to how stupid their coach was in allowing them to do the presser at all.

Saw the fight and excerpts from pressers on SportsCenter just now. Turned to my wife and said "Xavier's coach ought to be fired tomorrow for letting his players do the presser after that fight." I mean, how could he possibly think that putting those players in front of the press, still sweaty and amped up from a brawl, could have anything other than a horrible result?

Unbelievable.

Well, ESPN is playing it on almost every significant break. The fallout from their comments and the entire situation will definitely not go away any time soon.

I think Cronin nailed it in his presser.

Unbelievable.

+1

Cronin said the right things a the presser, lets see what happens with the suspensions.

Huge class divide on this thread.

I would agree, but, moral relativism aside (which I find problematic), I think it's ok to recognize that our upbringing has been far different than some of the players and still denounce their comments as wrong. Or, at the very least, misguided.

Wow. Cronin is the man. For cincy acting like thugs, they manage to come out looking good.

Wow. Cronin is the man. For cincy acting like thugs, they manage to come out looking good.

Cronin handled it with class. But I don't think Cinci comes out looking good. It looked like one of those wild west bar room brawls. I have to admit it was very entertaining when I watched it live today.

Back