• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CJ Harris All-Time Ranks (Updated) / Appreciation Thread

A big aspect of that is in the 50s-early 70s is that you got one shot on the first six fouls of each half.

You still have to pump fake. And Dickie knew how to pump fake. Adrian Dantley knew how to pump fake. You can make a career out of it. Most kids today rely on their vertical. They are kidding themselves.

Have no idea what CJ thinks, but I would think that it would be awesome to have Chris Paul in the house on my senior day. Have no doubt that CP3 will do his part to make sure that CJ gets plenty of attention. I can see how girls would have an issue with sharing attention, but I think most guys would love having CP 3 around. BTW, both CJ and CP3 are Winston-Salem products which further amplifies the connection between the two.

CP3 tweeted at CJ today congratulating him on the win and his performance. I'd attach a link, but my connection is terrible right now. I also believe CJ is one of the most valuable Deacons to ever put on the uniform. He kept this program alive. He is also one of the rare players to progress every year, work on his game consistently, and be able to show marked improvement throughout an entire career. Thank you CJ and I hope you continue to get better and succeed at the next level, wherever that may be.

You still have to pump fake. And Dickie knew how to pump fake. Adrian Dantley knew how to pump fake. You can make a career out of it. Most kids today rely on their vertical. They are kidding themselves.

My biggest problem with CJ is when he'd fake and get his defender in the air, he rarely shot into the defender to force the foul.

My biggest problem with CJ is when he'd fake and get his defender in the air, he rarely shot into the defender to force the foul.

I disagree with this. One of the best things he did, especially his first two years when he shot around 33% from threes, was to get to the foul line. The numbers back that up. His ranks in FT Rate for his four years are: 117th, 23rd, 157th and 186th in the country.

I always thought he did a really good job of pump faking and taking that contact. I agree he has done less of that this year, but he is also shooting 41% from 3's this year.

His career reminds me of Frank Johnson's. Hopefully CJ will have the same level of post college success. And, yes, we will be surprised how well we do next year without him.

Thrilled with how hard CJ played tonight. Definitely deserved an ACCT win at some point in his career, really sorry he didn't get one.

I'll have final career rankings done in a few minutes.

Gonna miss CJ a lot. Heart of a warrior. Made himself a solid player. Hope he makes a good living playing ball somewhere

One of the best games I've ever been at:

Final Stats and Wake Forest Record Book Rankings:
-1613 Points Scored, 17th all-time
-282 Assists, 15th all-time
-83.4% FT%, 8th all-time
-533 FTs Made, 6th all-time
-639 FTs Attempted, 8th all-time
-162 3-pointers Made, 7th all-time
-417 3-pointers Attempted, 7th all-time
-124 Games Played, 14th all-time
-114 Games Started, 7th all-time
-3975 Minutes Played, 4th all-time (passed Childress tonight)

Final Stats and Wake Forest Record Book Rankings:
-1613 Points Scored, 17th all-time
-282 Assists, 15th all-time
-83.4% FT%, 8th all-time
-533 FTs Made, 6th all-time
-639 FTs Attempted, 8th all-time
-162 3-pointers Made, 7th all-time
-417 3-pointers Attempted, 7th all-time
-124 Games Played, 14th all-time
-114 Games Started, 7th all-time
-3975 Minutes Played, 4th all-time (passed Childress tonight)

Thanks for keeping up with all this. I love me some CJ.

Back