• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson at today's halftime

That he is happy to be here, wants all of us especially the students to come out to all of the football games, and that we will have a football team that we can be proud of in the classroom, on campus, and on Saturdays in the fall.

That he is happy to be here, wants all of us especially the students to come out to all of the football games, and that we will have a football team that we can be proud of in the classroom, on campus, and on Saturdays in the fall.

He does know we play on Thursday twice this coming season right?

It was very short, basic gist was "students you better fucking show up".

And the students should respond, "coach, you better show up first."

Thank you! Was just curious as to what was said and if he was received well.

Yes. The fans were very supportive. He's a good speaker. He was pithy and to the point. Arena gave him a stadium ovation, and he made sure the students knew they were expected to show up. Good intro video as well.

He also wore a well cut suit with a good tie and shirt, so there's that.

Yeah, unless District hasn't seen the schedule or expects students to show up en masse at ULM, he really missed my point.

A strong road performance in Game 1 will go a long way towards getting students to show up for WCU and Army and the rest of the home slate.

Fans are always going to feed off the team. It's not a chicken-egg thing.

I don't see anybody saying that. #ClawsIN

uh, that's exactly what was said. only support the team - stay with me here, consisting of players - if you deem the admin and coaches as "committed to winning". if they are not committed, then don't support the team. or the players. what did i miss? how can you read that differently?

And the students should respond, "coach, you better show up first."

Well, glad to see we're committed to supporting the team and that we expect to have a great game day environment...Great attitude

Besides, he said we really need support and then mentioned the students in particular. I felt like it was an attempt to endear himself to the students by giving them a special mention.

Clawson has a lot of work to do and any sensible fan knows next year is going to be tough sledding. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can accomplish in years to come. I think turnarounds in football are a hell of a lot harder than in basketball. That goes without saying. Good luck to him.

Back