• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson at today's halftime

Claw deserves our support from the outset. At least on paper, he's a good hire. Bzzz? He was an awful, awful hire. Had no business whatsoever getting the Wake job. Therein lies the difference.

Coach%20Clawson%2001-L.jpg

He looks like an older Paul Rudd in this picture.

I'm really very excited for August to roll around.

I think he and Rudd are about the same age.

Holy shit, you're right. Clawson's only 2 years older.

I guess Rudd probably has more of an incentive to keep from graying?

I'm guessing Rudd colors.

I definitely have a man crush on Clawson. He makes Lembo look like a fat slob

How about coaches try and earn their paycheck, athletes try and earn their scholarship, and we just go from there. Good teams have good attendance, bad ones have bad attendance; Thats the way it works everywhere, and it's never going to be any different here.

Claw deserves our support from the outset. At least on paper, he's a good hire. Bzzz? He was an awful, awful hire. Had no business whatsoever getting the Wake job. Therein lies the difference.

This. And Clawson is a polished public speaker, appears to relate well with other people, and is not a total D bag. These are job requirements for a head basketball or football coach in division I college athletics.

I am as big a Jim Grobe fan as you could find, but I am just really happy with they way everything worked out. I think it was the right time for Jim Grobe to go and I think we will all appreciate what he accomplished year once the sting of the past few seasons wears off. Even more importantly I think we got the right guy to replace him. Of course that will ultimately be judged by what Clawson's teams do on the field, but at this point I couldn't have a much better feeling about Dave Clawson.

How about coaches try and earn their paycheck, athletes try and earn their scholarship, and we just go from there. Good teams have good attendance, bad ones have bad attendance; Thats the way it works everywhere, and it's never going to be any different here.

I don't disagree, but what do you expect Clawson to say?

"Do it or don't. But I got someplace to be."

I don't disagree, but what do you expect Clawson to say?

"Do it or don't. But I got someplace to be."

I'm not arguing with tha Claw,he's just doing his job. I'm arguing with posters like Dillon who think the students owe the players and athletes their attendance.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Can the Claw help Buzz w his public speaking? Can a person overcome Asperger's?

I'm not arguing with tha Claw,he's just doing his job. I'm arguing with posters like Dillon who think the students owe the players and athletes their attendance.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

you've badly misread my posts then. students owe the players and athletes nothing. real fans - which may include students - should however make every effort to attend games, period, but even more so in Clawson's first year. Others on this thread seem to think that Clawson has to prove to the students that they should attend the games. that's BS. if the students are really fans of WF, they will be there from the opening kick in game 1.

I don't expect students to travel down to ULM.

Back