• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson at today's halftime

uh, that's exactly what was said. only support the team - stay with me here, consisting of players - if you deem the admin and coaches as "committed to winning". if they are not committed, then don't support the team. or the players. what did i miss? how can you read that differently?

I interpret it as fans who lived through five miserable seasons, made worse by a lying AD/shilling admin and LOWF tO$U fans like yourself, being rightfully skeptical when a coach puts the burden of supporting a program, whose previous representatives left it in a decrepit state, before he's coached a game.

All of that said, Ph and Lohengrin are longtime football fans. Something tells me that they'll support the team. On a personal note - I've always been prone to optimism about Wake sports. I didn't mind the Caldwell-era, was thrilled with Grobe and Skip's rise to prominance, and didn't even really mind Dino at the end of the day. The combined Buzz/Grobe last-five-years have made me extremely skeptical and cynical about anything Wake sports until the team's perform. I can imagine that there are plenty of fans in this boat. I'm really excited to see what Clawson can do on the field and I'm incredibly impressed by what he's already managed to accomplish off of it. Perhaps that's diminished expectations talking, but this is the most excited I've been about Wake sports in awhile.

Last edited:
ah, that's him! that was a dumb point on my part...should have focused my comments on just you.

btw, still waiting to find out what position you so proudly represented MSD at.

Last edited:
I interpret it as fans who lived through five miserable seasons, made worse by a shilling AD and LOWF tO$U fans like yourself, being rightfully skeptical when a coach puts the burden of supporting a program, who's previous representatives left it in a decrepit state, before he's coached a game.

All of that said, Ph and Lohengrin are longtime football fans. Something tells me that they'll support the team. On a personal note - I've always been prone to optimism about Wake sports. I didn't mind the Caldwell-era, was thrilled with Grobe and Skip's rise to prominance, and didn't even really mind Dino at the end of the day. The combined Buzz/Grobe last-five-years have made me extremely skeptical and cynical about anything Wake sports until the team's perform. I can imagine that there are plenty of fans in this boat. I'm really excited to see what Clawson can do on the field and I'm incredibly impressed by what he's already managed to accomplish off of it. Perhaps that's diminished expectations talking, but this is the most excited I've been about Wake sports in awhile.

i agree with most of what you say, except where you say that clawson is putting a "burden" on any fans as you and PH seem to be saying. that is a bit absurd. if you are a fan, come out for clawson's first season, period, regardless of whether we go 0-fer or we win the damn division.

I interpret it as fans who lived through five miserable seasons, made worse by a lying AD/shilling admin and LOWF tO$U fans like yourself, being rightfully skeptical when a coach puts the burden of supporting a program, whose previous representatives left it in a decrepit state, before he's coached a game.

I understand this skepticism and I would think most here would. But it's just discouraging to hear those who I know are fans of Wake sports to not default to a position of support and giving Coach Clawson the benefit of the doubt to begin with. I'm excited about Wake sports moving forward as well and I feel like Clawson was trying to get the students involved in that same excitement. Nothing more IMO

I understand this skepticism and I would think most here would. But it's just discouraging to hear those who I know are fans of Wake sports to not default to a position of support and giving Coach Clawson the benefit of the doubt to begin with. I'm excited about Wake sports moving forward as well and I feel like Clawson was trying to get the students involved in that same excitement. Nothing more IMO

bingo. yet according to some, clawson owes us something right out of the gate.

i agree with most of what you say, except where you say that clawson is putting a "burden" on any fans as you and PH seem to be saying. that is a bit absurd. if you are a fan, come out for clawson's first season, period, regardless of whether we go 0-fer or we win the damn division.

I am not saying this. I was giving you the alternative interpretation that you asked for.

Like I wrote (as, explicitly, my own take on things), I'm damn excited to see what the Claw can do for Wake football and I'm on board 100% with this ship. I live in CA now, so I won't be there for games, but I'll be watching and rooting for these guys to succeed.

I am not saying this. I was giving you the alternative interpretation that you asked for.

Like I wrote (as, explicitly, my own take on things), I'm damn excited to see what the Claw can do for Wake football and I'm on board 100% with this ship. I live in CA now, so I won't be there for games, but I'll be watching and rooting for these guys to succeed.

sorry, when you said "being rightfully skeptical when a coach puts the burden of supporting a program" i thought you meant that you agreed (e.g., "Rightfully") that Clawson was putting a burden on the fans. sounds like you and i are on the same page re: wake football (whether that is good in your opinion or not). my bad.

And the students should respond, "coach, you better show up first."

NO, the students should show up first and be loyal to the team and NEW coach, at least until the coach proves he can't get the job done which might take 2 or 3 years.

let's not forget to include dillon fence the next time we do a best poster tourney

Back