• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson Press Conference tomorrow? (Clawson discussion on othe thread plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are people's levels for good hire?

Right now, I'm excited about Lembo, will be cautiously optimistic about Clawson or the Nard Dog, and anyone else (that's not a total surprise homerun) and I'm disappointed.
I'd be happy with Lembo or Narduzzi and pleased with Clawson. My worry is that he finds another [Redacted] candidate and hires him instead.

I had a Deacon Club email today and was all excited until I saw it was just the standard update. No coaching news. Wouldn't they know either to hold the email or at least add in something about a coaching search going on... I mean really..
mj-laughing1.gif

For me Lembo would be great and Clawson would be a bust.

Right now, I'm excited about Lembo, will be cautiously optimistic about Clawson or the Nard Dog, and anyone else (that's not a total surprise homerun) and I'm disappointed.

1. Lembo - pretty pumped
2. Nard Dog - very optimistic
3. Clawson - cautiously optimistic (just a few red flags...but still a good hire)
4. Matt Wells - don't think this will happen but I do like this guy
5. Anyone else would be a pretty big disappointment

To be honest I would not be disappointed with any of those three, but would be most excited about Lembo.

Clawson would be a solid hire and anyone not thinking that has their anti-Wellman glasses on. I am full Lembo-In however, but Clawson would not be a bad pickup

I'd be happy with Lembo or Narduzzi and pleased with Clawson. My worry is that he finds another [Redacted] candidate and hires him instead.

Why would this worry you? After all, we are LOWF and we just want to be historically competitive. Why should we want to win? I mean, we are pro-humanitate, so laying down for our opponents should be part of our #values #culture? No?

I bet NIU begs to differ. Looked pretty good the other night

I bet Lembo took our #s back to BSU and is getting a better deal to stay. That's what Wellman gets for low-balling too low.

I bet NIU begs to differ. Looked pretty good the other night
Recency effect in full force. It got us with justifying [Redacted] hire when he was 'turning the tide' at Colorado. 89-80 is a mediocre coach.

Lembo_vs_Clawson.JPG

I feel similarly.

I would be genuinely elated with Lembo. Narduzzi or Clawson = alright, things are looking up. Anyone else is going to be a huge disappointment, and further evidence Wellman needs to be canned ASAP.

Since when does Ron Wellman hire someone with a big personality who seeks to shake things up? I don't see him being comfortable with Lembo. Clawson is RIGHT up Wellman's alley. It's almost certainly going to be him, no?

Recency effect in full force. It got us with justifying [Redacted] hire when he was 'turning the tide' at Colorado. 89-80 is a mediocre coach.

Lembo_vs_Clawson.JPG

MAC Championship

Clawson-1
Lembo-0

For what its worth, neither Lembo nor Clawson has won a bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back