• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson kickoff set for 3:30

Looking back at some of the long TDs, gap responsibility on some of these TDs is absolutely pathetic. Like 3:20, what the hell is #15 doing?

Looking back at some of the long TDs, gap responsibility on some of these TDs is absolutely pathetic. Like 3:20, what the hell is #15 doing?

Jake Simpson picked us over Georgia St. 2 star. Burley and Monroe (both with ACL injuries) were our top LB recruits in 2016. That’s how bad the injury bug has hit us at LB.

Jake Simpson picked us over Georgia St. 2 star. Burley and Monroe (both with ACL injuries) were our top LB recruits in 2016. That’s how bad the injury bug has hit us at LB.

Clawson said Simpson was being asked to play a position he hasn’t really even played before. Linebacker wasn’t considered a strength coming into the season and injuries have made it really bad.

Trevor Lawrence is starting. Clemson fans travel very well. Expect lots of orange. Clemson needs style points to move back up in the polls and the eyes of the committee. They're only a 17 point favorite with a point to prove. We will have turnovers and holding penalties. They'll beat us by 40+ no matter who their QB is. Too much raw talent on their d-line and offensive receivers and running backs for us to handle. Expect a ND outcome only worse.

We were never a legit upset threat in this game based on what we've shown so far this season. The only question about it was whether Clemson would finally start to play better than they have been. A while back on another thread about football I mentioned that we were missing a very significant player from ly, John Wolford. This year's team has lost more than that as far as key players on defense as well. All the pre-season hype about our o-line has really been mostly fluff because if you watched us play our o-line hasn't been the outstanding part of the squad. This season was not going to be another step forward over ly because of the key players lost and the schedule. We just have to be patient and realistic.

We played ND a week after they scraped by Vandy, and Clemson and week after they scraped by Syracuse. I bet both of those teams had intense weeks of practice following those games. We got both of their A games, not that we could have won either game, but ND and Clemson were 100% focused the entire game against us.

The offensive game plan to beat Clemson was dog shit to the point it makes one wonder if we just ceded the game. Its like we just decided an NFL front four was a hoax. However it could be Clawson thinks we keep doing what we do and in the end we make a bowl. Not necessarily a bad plan.

The final score was 63-3 but the game wasn't really that close.

This surpassed the 82-24 game for margin of victory. Claw's hurry up offense is not helping the offense and is hurting the defense. We have as many wins as the D-1 opponents we've beaten. DC, this doesn't work, try something else. After BC smacks L'ville, we'll be playing back-to-back teams who are trying to save their season at their place after bye weeks. C'mon Dave.

We played ND a week after they scraped by Vandy, and Clemson and week after they scraped by Syracuse. I bet both of those teams had intense weeks of practice following those games. We got both of their A games, not that we could have won either game, but ND and Clemson were 100% focused the entire game against us.

Sure, maybe so. But ND could've been looking past us to Stanford, and Clemson hadn't played a good game yet this season. They both played well against us. Focus wasn't the reason they beat us like they did. We aren't that good this season. It's that simple.

Every Clemson game I’ve been to at Groves/BB&T field there has been too much Orange in the stands. The least I’ve ever seen was in 2008 for a Thursday night game, I’m sure being a school/work night had a lot to do with that, but there were still a bunch. Clemson supports and travels , even during times they weren’t world beaters. So, since they are in the midst of a run of being one of the elite programs in the country that support is even more magnified. The only way we get more support is win. When we won the ACC title in football I saw more people wearing Wake stuff than than I ever have, even then when we were winning 2 straight ACC titles in hoops.

Agreed. Was there in 2008 and while there was still orange there, it wasn't that bad especially compared to yesterday and 2 years ago. I think the most glaring problem is not that Clemson fans travel to BB&T field, it's the fact that Wake Football doesn't have enough hardcore fans to buy tickets to smother out some of the orange, blue, and red that comes. Pretty much not too many people give a shit about Wake football these days. So what does Wake need, 25,000 fans to limit the opposing fans like Klempson from taking over? I do agree though, winning does help. I'm waiting for Donald Ross to come on here and say we need to downsize our stadium because it's too big. Maybe like 15,000? Fuck it, burn the motherfucker down. Soccer school.

Wake was always going to get killed, but even I think some of y'all are overreacting.

Is it frustrating how stubborn and inflexible Clawson is? Sure. Its why he'll never have be able to sustain a 4-5 season run of 7+ wins. He's going to do it his way, regardless if his personnel is suited for it or not.

However the experience Hartman and Co. gain this year will be invaluable. Particularly in the RPO offense. I've made peace with fact that Clawson will have years where he wins 4-6 games, and years where he win 7-9 wins, and they'll probably alternate here and there. Still better than Grobe picking grass.

Wake was always going to get killed, but even I think some of y'all are overreacting.

Is it frustrating how stubborn and inflexible Clawson is? Sure. Its why he'll never have be able to sustain a 4-5 season run of 7+ wins. He's going to do it his way, regardless if his personnel is suited for it or not.

However the experience Hartman and Co. gain this year will be invaluable. Particularly in the RPO offense. I've made peace with fact that Clawson will have years where he wins 4-6 games, and years where he win 7-9 wins, and they'll probably alternate here and there. Still better than Grobe picking grass.

Probably right. I do enjoy Clawson's fire.

Bad?

Latest SI bowl projections have us playing App in the Independence Bowl. Please no. Have some mercy.

Back