• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Climate Change & Natural Disasters Thread

So it doesn't take an hour to charge some EVs at some chargers?

What's the average?

Don't know what the average is but we did not install a fast charger at our place. We plug it in each night and it charges overnight. Takes a loooong time on a regular outlet. Like, 12 hours long.

So it doesn't take an hour to charge some EVs at some chargers?

What's the average?

I have no idea what the average is at any random charging station but you wrote an hour as if it was a rule of thumb.

My post may have been better clarified to say that it doesn’t NEED to take an hour to charge. It takes me like 25 mins for a huge road trip charge for me at a supercharger where I’m having to fill up a lot of miles.

So the whole "Cloud Seeding thing" is going really well in Dubai. Man controlling the weather really working out.

Cloud seeding didn’t cause the flooding.
Cause vs contributing distinction is fine.

Did "cloud-seeding" contribute?​

Rain also fell in Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. However, the rains were acute across the UAE. One reason may have been "cloud seeding," in which small planes flown by the government go through clouds burning special salt flares. Those flares can increase precipitation.

Several reports quoted meteorologists at the National Center for Meteorology as saying they flew six or seven cloud-seeding flights before the rains. The center did not immediately respond to questions Wednesday, though flight-tracking data analyzed by the AP showed one aircraft affiliated with the UAE's cloud-seeding efforts flew around the country Sunday.

The UAE, which relies heavily on energy-hungry desalination plants to provide water, conducts cloud seeding in part to increase its dwindling, limited groundwater.

Really neat NC State article on rising sea levels and the impact on our wetlands.

Back