• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CMM and Rountree now 4 star, top 100 on Scout

Yea, the ballhandling criticism is dumb. He handles it extremely well for someone his size. His shot could certainly use some work though.

Ogbueze is tougher to call a miss, but I wanted to throw him in there. We threw the kitchen sink at Arch and Harrell, but just came up short. Seeing CMM and Rountree blow up like they are makes those much easier to take after the 2011 class.

But Buzzz cant recruit :willynilly:

Hopefully this stops all the retarded sock jokes, which might be the dumbest thing i've ever read.

great news!

I'd already heard enough to be plenty excited about these guys but it's nice to have some numbers to point to, even if they don't matter.

Ogbueze is tougher to call a miss, but I wanted to throw him in there. We threw the kitchen sink at Arch and Harrell, but just came up short. Seeing CMM and Rountree blow up like they are makes those much easier to take after the 2011 class.

A couple people from Philly told me Arch was never leaving town.

But Buzzz cant recruit :willynilly:

Hopefully this stops all the retarded sock jokes, which might be the dumbest thing i've ever read.

I agree but I don't think anything short of an ACC Title in the next two years will stop them.

I agree but I don't think anything short of an ACC Title in the next two years will stop them.

Then they'll bitch about not winning the national championship.

But they will follow with, "I really wanted to give him a chance." and "I was hoping he would win."

Yep, fire him yesterday really can equate to "I really wanted him to win.'

So this is what my words taste like.

Agreed. This board wasn't created to bash Bzz, but let's be honest - lots of people here were BzzOut, me included. This doesn't mean he can coach, but at least we were wrong about only getting gym rats and sleepers.

I'm glad Bz can recruit at a level to compete in the ACC but he's a long ass way from proving to be a competent college coach. People won't always complain about him, but this is one plus after a full season of resounding minuses on his report card.

Agreed. This board wasn't created to bash Bzz, but let's be honest - lots of people here were BzzOut, me included. This doesn't mean he can coach, but at least we were wrong about only getting gym rats and sleepers.

Agreed.

I'm not sure how having guys move from 3* to 4* addresses my concerns with Buzz's recruiting abilities. Signing McClinton would change my mind though.

I'm glad Bz can recruit at a level to compete in the ACC but he's a long ass way from proving to be a competent college coach. People won't always complain about him, but this is one plus after a full season of resounding minuses on his report card.

While I partially agree it's not like Bzz had much to work with. The roster he inherited was several players and a year or two of maturity away from being an average ACC squad. I'm very intrigued to see the improvement that is made from last year to this season.

If these guys wind up having phenomenal senior years and the other guys we have offered continue to rise as well, would that influence how scouts look at the guys Bz offers? I don't know how things like that work but I would guess if one guy keeps noticing players before most, the professionals would start looking harder and sooner at those who were offered.

I'm pleased with this class. All we need now is a big bruiser who can get us rebounds. Whether that is a big PF or a SF thats fine with me since McKie proved that you don't have to be 6'8"+ to be a good rebounder. I've heard good things about Arnaud Moto and we have offered him. Also his coach is played basketball at Wake, Jim Fitzpatrick.

Last edited:
Back