• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CMM

tbpnwe

Reaction score
01_Miller-facebook.jpg

Third game he took over and won this year.

Best closer since Chill?

I guess you must have forgotten, most recently, CJ's and still recently Ish's late game heroics. There are plenty more since Chill, too, since it's been, you know, almost 20 years since he's been playing...

For a school with as rich and visible a basketball tradition as Wake, there are some really dumb fans... And Codi being damn good in the clutch (disappearing acts aside) doesn't change that.

At least, it seems, we no longer are posting about how Madison and Codi are the best backcourt in Wake history.

The really good part is that CMM wants the ball at the end with the game on the line and he delivers. Today he was essentially a non-factor on offense until the end and then he became dominant. Best of all though, he is only a sophomore.

He has the potential to be a dagger. He is turning into a clutch player as a sophomore.

yes, and maybe even better than Chill

What??? I was there at the 95 ACCT when Chill single-handedly beat Duke in the first round game. Wake was down big (31-13) in the first half and Chill, with his 3 pointers, gave WF the lead at the half. Wake pulled away in the 2nd half and went on to beat UNC in overtime in the Final. Sorry, but I don't see CMM pulling that shit off...

Last edited:
Unmm CJ rarely closed the deal.

Without even looking it up I remember he hit a shot against VPI two years ago to give us a three point lead with 20 seconds left, and then hit a game winning banked lay up against Nebraska I believe the same year.

What??? I was there at the 95 ACCT when Chill single-handedly beat Duke in the first round game. Wake was down big (31-13) in the first half and Chill, with his 3 pointers, gave WF the lead at the half. Wake pulled away in the 2nd half and went onto beat UNC in overtime in the Final. Sorry, but I don't see CMM pulling that shit off...

Sarcasm I think.

Chill won in Cameron on a last second shot over Grant Fucking Hill. Let's get real here. CMM is light years from that level. CMM is a good player and may be a solid ACC player but he is never going to light up the ACC tournament like THE man did.

Yeah, we have had no close to Chill in my lifetime. That being said, I love that CMM was determined to carry us late. He seems fearless.

Let's see how he looks next year against the zone when Coron and Travis' shooting isn't here to beat the zone for him. He disappeared today when ND went zone. Unless CMM drastically improves his shooting, this thread just needs to go away.

Back