• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CMM

What??? I was there at the 95 ACCT when Chill single-handedly beat Duke in the first round game. Wake was down big (31-13) in the first half and Chill, with his 3 pointers, gave WF the lead at the half. Wake pulled away in the 2nd half and went on to beat UNC in overtime in the Final. Sorry, but I don't see CMM pulling that shit off...

i love CMM but saying that he is "maybe a better closer" thank Chill is a little aggressive at this point in his career. Childress single handidly won so many games for Wake - in a variety of ways. It's been discussed but my favorite Chill game winner other than the 1995 - was the 93-94 season - when he hit the step back 3 in Grant Hill's face in Cameron to beat the Dookies. Wake was un-ranked at the time and Duke was ranked #2. It was childress' first acc game back from his knee surgery (missed the 92-93 season)

CMM is very very good, really glad he wears black and gold

Last edited:
That CP3 kid was pretty strong in the clutch too. That being said, props to CMM for his play of late.

Last edited:
Feel like Downey was pretty clutch too. Throat slash notwithstanding.

He won the 3OT game at UNC and singlehandedly kept us in the West Virginia game after Paul and Gray fouled out.

I have nothing to add to this thread other than to say I just re-realized that Tyler Lewis was a McDonald's All-American and that, my friends, is simply incredible.

He won the 3OT game at UNC and singlehandedly kept us in the West Virginia game after Paul and Gray fouled out.

Thats what I was thinking about. He might not have actually had a bunch of game winners, but it seemed like he hit a ton of big shots down the stretch during his career.

[/QUOTE]

Love me some Ish the Dish!! Good to see he's found a niche with the PHX Suns. Hope he sticks there for awhile.

Also, one of the nicest people you'll ever meet from all accounts. Go Ish!

I have nothing to add to this thread other than to say I just re-realized that Tyler Lewis was a McDonald's All-American and that, my friends, is simply incredible.

That really is amazing. I remember the coaching staff catching tons of grief for going after CMM and not Tyler

CMM is like Chauncey Billups.

Big, tough, drives to the glass and finishes, let's the game come to him, then BOOM he wins the game.

that's amazing. I do know that Tyler Lewis is an extremely hard working kid, but it just proves that if you don't have the measurements or the athleticism then its hard to succeed in the ACC.

glad that we picked up CMM instead of Tyler. I do remember Tyler mouthing off to Craig Dawson that he doesn't have much love for the Deacs before the start of his Freshman year.

Big, tough, drives to the glass and finishes, let's the game come to him, then BOOM he wins the game.

That's not a bad comp in terms of physicality and general style of play. CMM also sort of reminds me a bit of Acie Law (TAMU) from a few years back, though I think Law may have been a lefty.

That's not a bad comp in terms of physicality and general style of play. CMM also sort of reminds me a bit of Acie Law (TAMU) from a few years back, though I think Law may have been a lefty.

He doesn't shoot anything like Chauncey.

I think his game stylistically is most like a homeless man's DWade. Good midrange game, takes it to the hole, can essentially be your PG from the 2 spot. Shooting falls off drastically from 3pt range. Even has the sweet Eurostep mastered. Obviously doesn't have Wade's back to the basket game (although that was a later addition). The difference of course being everywhere DWade is a 9 or 10 CMM is a 6 or 7.

Their bodies are similar, both are very strong, but Billups was always a lights out shooter (85% from the line; 38% from 3; 2+ treys per game over his two years in college), while CMM's shot has not developed to that degree (67% from the line; 24% from 3; less than 1 trey per game).

Hard to believe. Maybe he just likes to eat at McD's!

Chauncey was a terrible and I repeat terrible shooter when he came into the NBA. He honed that craft over time.

Chauncey was never really a great shooter even in the NBA. Scorer? Yes. And he could shoot the three ball. But he was never a great percentage shooter.

I think a poor man's D-Wade is a much better comp than Chauncey.

Back