• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CMM

Woody, you are beaing an ass. CMM has been nails. I love me some Ish, but he only became clutch in his junior, and mostly senior seasons. CMM is just in the halfway point of his soph season. Ish was airballng FT's his soph season.
And the Chill stuff was clearly sarcasm. Turn up you sarcasm meters.

Ish was by far better, but he was an upperclassman I believe by the time he really started taking over games at the end, so perhaps CMM can develop into that. There was a lot of preseason talk about who on this team, if anyone, could take CJ's place, and I certainly think it's fair to say CMM has been the answer. I enjoy watching him play.

Do I hope CMM becomes the greatest clutch player ever? YES!
Do I think CMM becomes the greatest clutch player ever? NO, although he is still young and shows flashes of brilliance

Also there is more to being a closer than hitting game winning shots. The best closers take over at the end of games and pull away so that they don't end up being close enough for a game winning shot.

CMM is tough and athletic. He obviously has a strong work ethic because he has changed his body and his game in the off-season. This offers promise for the future.

However he must improve his outside shot, his free throw shooting for the entire game and his ball handling. He has a lot to work on. But, his improvement this season and his mentality give encouragement.

Ish worked hard to become the player he was in the last two seasons of his career at Wake. When he was a freshman he could not shoot. What he had was quickness, rare quickness.

Btw, Madison has comparable quickness but he has much further to go with the rest of his game than Ish did at the same point.

The whole "as a sophomore" stuff is pretty rich. The team is nothing but sophomores. All the people ahead of him quit the program.

CMM is tough and athletic. He obviously has a strong work ethic because he has changed his body and his game in the off-season. This offers promise for the future.

However he must improve his outside shot, his free throw shooting for the entire game and his ball handling. He has a lot to work on. But, his improvement this season and his mentality give encouragement.

Ish worked hard to become the player he was in the last two seasons of his career at Wake. When he was a freshman he could not shoot. What he had was quickness, rare quickness.

Btw, Madison has comparable quickness but he has much further to go with the rest of his game than Ish did at the same point.

comparable to whom? LMAO at anyone trying to compare Madison's quickness to Ish

I really like Codi as a player, he is so efficient (outside of the CU game) it's probably a little early to compare him to one of the ACCs most clutch players. A lot of CMM bashing is stupid as hell, but he isn't on chills level. That's a short list.

As far as clutch play goes: Chill>CP/Ish>Codi>CJ

Not a slight against CJ, Strickland, but I remember the missed layup at VT last year just as vividly as the game winner against Nebraska.

In Ish's second game as a Deac he hit a clutch 3 at Bucknell to send it to OT. He also set/tied the ACC tournament record for assists as a freshman with 15 in our last ACCT win. Yes he was too wild at times early on, but he did show flashes. Let's not act like he was ever as bad as Madison.

Not a slight against CJ, Strickland, but I remember the missed layup at VT last year just as vividly as the game winner against Nebraska.

the obligatory "in college" caveat. Chris has been about as clutch as they come throughout his basketball career.

the obligatory "in college" caveat. Chris has been about as clutch as they come throughout his basketball career.

Of course. I ordered those guys based on quantity as much as quality so a senior that won an ACCT on a game winner was gonna beat out a guy that only stayed two years. CP was as clutch as a freshman and sophomore could possibly be.

You're right, Gaudino - CJ's clutchness isn't particularly memorable. I still think he was a clutch player for us, even if his "clutchness" hasn't been quite as down-to-the-wire sexy as Ish's or CMM's. I'm talking about CJ on Dino's last team, too. I'd go as far as to say that Buzz should thank CJ for pretty much every win and small-margin-loss we had during his first three years. I don't know why there's such a tendency to take what CJ accomplished here for granted (though some of that has to do with the fact that he's associated with Dino's fall and the Buzz dumpster fire). He was a very good player, and he elevated his play when it counted.

In Ish's second game as a Deac he hit a clutch 3 at Bucknell to send it to OT. He also set/tied the ACC tournament record for assists as a freshman with 15 in our last ACCT win. Yes he was too wild at times early on, but he did show flashes. Let's not act like he was ever as bad as Madison.

Never. While not nearly as bad as Joe Dukes, I'm of the opinion that Madison's production is the legitimation of "per 40 minutes pace adjusted stats; which is to say, if we were playing on our 2006 or 2009 teams, then his productivity would look a lot like Joe Dukes's.

Chill won in Cameron on a last second shot over Grant Fucking Hill. Let's get real here. CMM is light years from that level. CMM is a good player and may be a solid ACC player but he is never going to light up the ACC tournament like THE man did.

I was one of about 50 Wake fans at Cameron that night. Took a while for the refs to say if it was good or not.
Great win and gutsy shot. Of course, then there's the ACC tourney that Chill owned. He was in a total zone for 3 days.

Let's see how he looks next year against the zone when Coron and Travis' shooting isn't here to beat the zone for him. He disappeared today when ND went zone. Unless CMM drastically improves his shooting, this thread just needs to go away.

Agree, he didn't show up until the last few minutes of the game. He's got to better that. He needs to be more consistent.

You're right, Gaudino - CJ's clutchness isn't particularly memorable. I still think he was a clutch player for us, even if his "clutchness" hasn't been quite as down-to-the-wire sexy as Ish's or CMM's. I'm talking about CJ on Dino's last team, too. I'd go as far as to say that Buzz should thank CJ for pretty much every win and small-margin-loss we had during his first three years. I don't know why there's such a tendency to take what CJ accomplished here for granted (though some of that has to do with the fact that he's associated with Dino's fall and the Buzz dumpster fire). He was a very good player, and he elevated his play when it counted.

Never. While not nearly as bad as Joe Dukes, I'm of the opinion that Madison's production is the legitimation of "per 40 minutes pace adjusted stats; which is to say, if we were playing on our 2006 or 2009 teams, then his productivity would look a lot like Joe Dukes's.

Good point about CJ. He's being compared to some of the best guards in Wake history (and CMM, who could end up having an exceptional college career) so again, no slight against him.

Back