• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CNN Townhall with Parkland Students, Rubio, NRA and others

I thought see-through backpacks was just one of those dumb "throw shit on a wall and see what sticks" kind of ideas that would just go away.

Nope, it's real and it's happening.

can you, you know, just like stick a handgun in between your notebooks or wrapped in a sweater or something in there

the melted-plastic edges of my old trapper keeper were actually paper-cut level sharp. just a thought.

I’ve heard way too many gun metaphors used with reference to these kids. It just show how guns permeate our culture that we can’t talk about them without saying they’re “in the line of fire” or put “targets on their backs.”

I'm rooting for these kids big time but the clear backpacks as a "violation of privacy" seems like a waste of the cache they've built up, and beneath them.

Did Cruz bring his weapons in in a backpack?

Remember when trenchcoats were the problem with Columbine?

I would hope we don’t get two decades of trying this “solution” before we do something about our obvious gun problem.

:noidea: he brought them in a bag of some sort.

Hey I'm with you on gun control there killa, but I recall a school leader from a Southside Chicago school at the white house for Trump's shitty summit claiming great success with metal detectors and clear backpacks, IIRC. Seems logical to me and frankly I don't think kids are entitled to any real high degree of privacy at a high school. I never felt that I had it and so I didn't carry anything on school grounds that would get me in trouble. I assumed at all times that a teacher or principal could go through my bag or locker or whatever for little to no reason. I kept a little weed in my pocket or down the front of my pants by my johnson sometimes but my jeans weren't clear...

Once again, what if you just hid your gun between books/wrapped in a shirt

Dumb, inconvenient, invasive security theater

lol oh the humanity of the inconvenient teenage privacy invasion!

200.gif

Once again, what if you just hid your gun between books/wrapped in a shirt

Dumb, inconvenient, invasive security theater

Yep. That’s a better argument than privacy.

Back