• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Co-DPOY in SEC comes out

There's a lot of ridiculous stuff in your posts on this thread, but perhaps this is the most ridiculous. Sam was the Co-DPOY in one of the best, if not the best, conference in college football. He will be the first out player to ever go through the draft process, where there stand a good chance of him getting drafted. This is more than him being a distraction of the media's making.

I would like to know what other ridiculous stuff I've posted on this thread because, to my knowledge, the post about Dale Hansen being a jackass was the first post I made on this thread. Perhaps you are confusing me with some other poster.

It is almost 100% a distraction of the media's making. It isn't fucking Jackie Robinson. Everybody in the NFL has had a gay teammate or somebody they suspected of being a gay teammate before and they seemed to live with it just fine.

What happened to a sportscaster who doesn't incorporate social or political views because he actually realizes they aren't necessary to the job?

If this guy came out and started harping on the evils of ObamaCare, he would be a fool. When Lennox pulled the hit piece on Josh Howard and the Iraq War, I was pissed at Lennox.

You must have seen something different than what I saw. I saw a sports reporter from Texas talking about the chances of an SEC player getting drafted and making the NFL, not Obamacare or the Iraq War.

Haha I love Randy Galloway too. His voice is synonymous with the Cowboys to me. Oh well. :noidea:

Do you listen to the Ticket? I went to high school with Grubes. That dude is...interesting.

I do listen to The Ticket when I'm in the mood for sports talk. They are easily the best sports station in any town I've lived in. Not sure I know Grubes, however.

You must have seen something different than what I saw. I saw a sports reporter from Texas talking about the chances of an SEC player getting drafted and making the NFL, not Obamacare or the Iraq War.

Jesus, how can a man with a PhD be so fundamentally lacking in sense? Did you even read what I was responding to?

Jesus, how can a man with a PhD be so fundamentally lacking in sense? Did you even read what I was responding to?

Some stuff about social views which missed the whole point of Hansen's piece. Your side is injecting social views. That injection is why this is a big deal. Otherwise, Sam would be another great college player with his own life story trying to make his way into the NFL.

he was talking about a college football player, the NFL draft, and NFL teams. seems like something a sports reporter should be talking about

Sounds like a February sports report in TX to me.

Some stuff about social views which missed the whole point of Hansen's piece. Your side is injecting social views. That injection is why this is a big deal.

Complete and utter horseshit. "My side" (whatever side that is...I can assure you it isn't the same side that Hansen characterizes as getting involved in bedroom issues-- another reason why his piece misses the mark and is unnecessarily political) isn't consumed with him being gay. The media and bible thumpers are, and the bible thumpers likely wouldn't be sounding off about it if it wasn't forced on their TV screens 24-7. How many TV shows have you watched in the last 15 years that did NOT have a gay character?

"My side" thinks that teams can decide that his being gay is a potential media circus that they CAN or CANNOT deal with just fine. Like Michael Sam being gay, it is nobody's business how and why a team makes its decision.

I can assure you that my side or view of the matter is far closer to BBD's than it is to some fool who tweets about somebody being a fag. I'm far more offended by somebody who can't treat somebody with common courtesy because they're gay than I am by somebody who thinks common courtesy should extend to some kind of weird embrace of every issue that is gay. Both sides are wrong from where I stand, but I refuse to be lumped in closer to those who have actual malice in their hearts.

elc, what if his story saves one teenager from killing himself in a state where the state legislature is trying to outlaw the lifestyle he's afraid to admit?

ELC, you seem to think that somebody saying that Sam should get common courtesy is a weird embrace.

I'm far more offended by somebody who can't treat somebody with common courtesy because they're gay than I am by somebody who thinks common courtesy should extend to some kind of weird embrace of every issue that is gay. Both sides are wrong from where I stand, but I refuse to be lumped in closer to those who have actual malice in their hearts.

From your posting history, it seems like you are far more offended when anybody, anywhere points out any kind discrimination anywhere

he was talking about a college football player, the NFL draft, and NFL teams. seems like something a sports reporter should be talking about

Nice try. He was talking about a social issue, and quite directly. The sports context was a convenient excuse for him to get on his soapbox and act as if he is some agent of social change. He should go have a big gay love fest with Bob Costas and see whose head explodes from self-importance first.

ELC, you seem to think that somebody saying that Sam should get common courtesy is a weird embrace.

I don't even know why I feel obligated to respond to you anymore when it's pretty clear that you take a lot of detours to make whatever strange conclusions you make.

this is some good material for the "best" poster tournament.

Nice try. He was talking about a social issue, and quite directly. The sports context was a convenient excuse for him to get on his soapbox and act as if he is some agent of social change. He should go have a big gay love fest with Bob Costas and see whose head explodes from self-importance first.

He was talking about an athlete's chances of getting drafted. Talking about that issue involved discussion of a social issue. Are sportswriters supposed to just put their hands over their ears and say "NOPE NOPE NOPE JUST GONNA TALK ABOUT 40 TIMES"

bbd, wouldn't rather here about a local athlete's latest trip to read to an elementary school or dui?

Back