• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Co-DPOY in SEC comes out

I don't understand why people get so upset about a perceived forced homosexual agenda. First of all it is total bullshit. 2nd even if it were true why do you get so upset about it? Just turn the channel when one of the gay characters on sit com come on. Why get so bent out of shape that a sports caster talks about it? I am not saying this is true of ELC but I honestly think it is because so many Americans are uncomfortable with their sexuality. Not that they are closeted homosexuals, just that sex is so repressed in our culture people get uncomfortable about any discussion about.

I don't understand why people get so upset about a perceived forced homosexual agenda. First of all it is total bullshit. 2nd even if it were true why do you get so upset about it? Just turn the channel when one of the gay characters on sit com come on. Why get so bent out of shape that a sports caster talks about it? I am not saying this is true of ELC but I honestly think it is because so many Americans are uncomfortable with their sexuality. Not that they are closeted homosexuals, just that sex is so repressed in our culture people get uncomfortable about any discussion about.

to be fair to elc, he holds a lot of objectionable positions.

Doesn't mean they're not trying.

Case in point, the law that will certainly be ruled unconstitutional, but will still pass and be signed into law before that

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...i_gay_segregation_bill_is_an_abomination.html

Pretty much everything that guy said in the Slate article is false. Read the text of the bill that he linked. It's designed to protect people who refuse to make a wedding cake or, in the case of a state employee, wed gay couples. It has nothing to do with cops refusing service or any other such nonsense. It specifically relates to the celebration or solemnization of an objectionable marriage (obviously gay marriage in this case). Section 1(c) is there so they don't have to recognize a gay marriage from NY as equal to a marriage in KS where gay marriage isn't recognized.

After Hillary replaces either Scalia or Kennedy, I would not be shocked to see a case challenging a state's anti-gay marriage law be overturned under the Equal Protection Clause. Thus all the state anti-gay marriage laws get thrown out in one fell swoop.

After Hillary replaces either Scalia or Kennedy, I would not be shocked to see a case challenging a state's anti-gay marriage law be overturned under the Equal Protection Clause. Thus all the state anti-gay marriage laws get thrown out in one fell swoop.

Kennedy has already set that up with his laughable DOMA decision (a decision I agreed with, by the way, just not for his stated stupid reasons). It's inevitable, and like many SCOTUS decisions over the years, it will be wrong.

As with any interest group, there exists an agenda. To deny that is to deny the existence of interest groups. The question is how pervasive it is perceived to be. Yeah, you can just turn the channel, but that is becoming harder and harder to do.

You cannot watch TV these days without being subjected to violence, risque (hetero)sexual innuendo, and bad language. This is the logical side effect of being able to throw ratings on TV shows, but as we become more permissive of this stuff as a society, the ratings and warnings become more meaningless. Try tuning into ABC Family and see what supposedly passes for family fare these days. You may watch a sports game and think that's cool to watch with kids...and then the commercials come on and throw a little wrench into your sanctuary.

In the last 15 years, the prevalence of gay characters on TV shows has increased a zillion-fold, to the point where it is now practically expected. Random lesbian chicks on Walking Dead and the totally forced gay angle in HOC (recently mentioned by somebody else on the HOC thread) are recent examples of this. This is why there is a pretty big divide between the young and old on gay issues. It's not because the young are so much smarter or civilized. There was a conscious decision by TV execs to do this, some no doubt to force an "agenda", some to garner ratings, and some for both. Gayness, much like sex, violence, and language, simply can't be avoided anymore, not even on Sesame Street. Call it acceptance, call it indoctrination, call it whatever you like. It is part of the agenda and there comes a point where you can't turn it off or tune it out. Am I going to turn off the TV and pick up a newspaper that reports the same shit? Or ignore both and go on Facebook where I see the same shit? I'd basically have to live like the Unabomber to not be inundated with it.

It's not a matter of being comfortable with sexuality. It's a matter of being brought up to think that you just didn't broach certain subjects. Abortion, rape, incest, etc... All these things have been incorporated into TV shows over the years, often with much controversy because they hit on the same element. People simply aren't comfortable talking about them. That doesn't mean they aren't discussed or dealt with as a reality. It simply means that there is a time and a place for everything.

It's all about degrees. Guys like BBD and Phan don't see that because to them there is no nuance to this issue. To them, any complaining about information overload is an affront to gay rights. It's all or nothing with no room in the middle. Guys like me are apparently out to lunch because I attacked Dale Hansen or because I oppose gay marriage for reasons that just cannot be fathomed by them (perhaps because they can't be lumped into the one-size-fits-all anti-gay agenda that makes for such a great strawman). They're so blinded by the rainbow light that they don't even take note of what I didn't attack-- Michael Sam and his decision to come out.

Good gracious. We are too far apart to even discuss further. Thankful (IMO) opinions like yours are rapidly vanishing.

As with any interest group, there exists an agenda. To deny that is to deny the existence of interest groups. The question is how pervasive it is perceived to be. Yeah, you can just turn the channel, but that is becoming harder and harder to do.

You cannot watch TV these days without being subjected to violence, risque (hetero)sexual innuendo, and bad language. This is the logical side effect of being able to throw ratings on TV shows, but as we become more permissive of this stuff as a society, the ratings and warnings become more meaningless. Try tuning into ABC Family and see what supposedly passes for family fare these days. You may watch a sports game and think that's cool to watch with kids...and then the commercials come on and throw a little wrench into your sanctuary.

In the last 15 years, the prevalence of gay characters on TV shows has increased a zillion-fold, to the point where it is now practically expected. Random lesbian chicks on Walking Dead and the totally forced gay angle in HOC (recently mentioned by somebody else on the HOC thread) are recent examples of this. This is why there is a pretty big divide between the young and old on gay issues. It's not because the young are so much smarter or civilized. There was a conscious decision by TV execs to do this, some no doubt to force an "agenda", some to garner ratings, and some for both. Gayness, much like sex, violence, and language, simply can't be avoided anymore, not even on Sesame Street. Call it acceptance, call it indoctrination, call it whatever you like. It is part of the agenda and there comes a point where you can't turn it off or tune it out. Am I going to turn off the TV and pick up a newspaper that reports the same shit? Or ignore both and go on Facebook where I see the same shit? I'd basically have to live like the Unabomber to not be inundated with it.

It's not a matter of being comfortable with sexuality. It's a matter of being brought up to think that you just didn't broach certain subjects. Abortion, rape, incest, etc... All these things have been incorporated into TV shows over the years, often with much controversy because they hit on the same element. People simply aren't comfortable talking about them. That doesn't mean they aren't discussed or dealt with as a reality. It simply means that there is a time and a place for everything.

It's all about degrees. Guys like BBD and Phan don't see that because to them there is no nuance to this issue. To them, any complaining about information overload is an affront to gay rights. It's all or nothing with no room in the middle. Guys like me are apparently out to lunch because I attacked Dale Hansen or because I oppose gay marriage for reasons that just cannot be fathomed by them (perhaps because they can't be lumped into the one-size-fits-all anti-gay agenda that makes for such a great strawman). They're so blinded by the rainbow light that they don't even take note of what I didn't attack-- Michael Sam and his decision to come out.

im glad you want to get rid of violence on tv as well.

The weird thing about ELC is he's this heavy metal, slut banging, bro's bro but still has these little old lady sensibilities of "how dare you talk about that in public??"

He also loves to give himself cover with the whole "I agree with the ends, but the means are FUCKING STUPID" just so he can keep his cute little contrarian Me Against the World status.

Last edited:
Kennedy has already set that up with his laughable DOMA decision (a decision I agreed with, by the way, just not for his stated stupid reasons). It's inevitable, and like many SCOTUS decisions over the years, it will be wrong.

Why would it be wrong?

Gay people don't deserve equal protection under the law in your world?

The weird thing about ELC is he's this heavy metal, slut banging, bro's bro but still has these little old lady sensibilities of "how dare you talk about that in public??"

He also loves to give himself cover with the whole "I agree with the ends, but the means are FUCKING STUPID" just so he can keep his cute little contrarian Me Against the World status.

we just don't understand nuance.

Blaming changing attitudes on tv executives is laughable. I can't take ELC seriously from this point on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'm genuinely surprised it took you this long. i can't remember a salient point the guy made that wasn't "well i have low standards, so i'd fuck her."

Back