• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Co-DPOY in SEC comes out

I think he did the press conference and the interviews not for you and most of the country, he did it so that he could create the narrative for his future employers. Instead of them hearing rumors and gossip about him, he gets to go ahead and put all his cards on the table.

He was at the Senior Bowl and was surprised how many people actually knew. Apparently he was treated as well as anybody else. Do you think there is any chance NFL teams didn't know? Seriously.

Here's someone who was pretty much openly gay and was treated well by all accounts. Enough with the press conferences.

Will his draft stock drop enough to the Panthers to pick him up in the mid-rounds to replace Hardy if we let him go?

Thanks.

I was thinking that. But then again, I kind of want the Jets to draft him just to hear the epic shit talking that Rex will give him

He was at the Senior Bowl and was surprised how many people actually knew. Apparently he was treated as well as anybody else. Do you think there is any chance NFL teams didn't know? Seriously.

Here's someone who was pretty much openly gay and was treated well by all accounts. Enough with the press conferences.

I think he wanted all the NFL teams to hear it from him and not from other players/agents trying to drop his draft stock. He was able to set the narrative. That's the point.

Alphonso Smith ‏@AlphonsoSmith2 11m
@TheMaleFatale @mattbosko Be with you, because quite frankly... Dude you are one UGLY DUDE... no lie! You just want attn.. smh! God bless ya

I think he wanted all the NFL teams to hear it from him and not from other players/agents trying to drop his draft stock. He was able to set the narrative. That's the point.

Then he or his agent should've called each team to let them know and actually had a dialogue. Again, enough with the press conferences.

The Seahawaks used the 1st round pick that Denver gave them to trade up to get Phonz, and turned around and used that to draft Earl Thomas.

Isn't that embarrassing enough Jesus Boy? Sucks that your god doesn't love you enough to allow you not jump every fake route every thrown at you in the League.

Last edited:
Then he or his agent should've called each team to let them know and actually had a dialogue. Again, enough with the press conferences.

You do realize if he did this it would have reached the news outlets and would have been just as big of a story when it did, right?

If it is going to be a huge story either way, why not control exactly how it is released?

This sounds like the opposite of a good plan.

So if he had just put out a press release, he should've just refused all interview requests?

Because he didn't even do a press conference, he just did interviews with three media outlets.

Pretty cool. Now he can be honest and up front with the teams he meets with before the draft. Gotta respect that.

Also, as a response to the idea that he could be a distraction, this tweet cracked me up:

I HATE everyone who unnecessarily draws attention to themselves, and I have zero problems with this. Way to get out in front of it. Now he won't have to do the awkward interview dance with every NFL team he meets with.

You do realize if he did this it would have reached the news outlets and would have been just as big of a story when it did, right?

If it is going to be a huge story either way, why not control exactly how it is released?

Why didn't it reach news outlets if he was openly gay to his college teammates? The NFL knew - there was no reason to announce it other than to create a big publicity storm of which there are enough already.

Why didn't it reach news outlets if he was openly gay to his college teammates? The NFL knew - there was no reason to announce it other than to create a big publicity storm of which there are enough already.

Good call. If all people agreed to stop talking about other people, gossip would go away!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140209/michael-sam-draft-stock/

"I don't think football is ready for [an openly gay player] just yet," said an NFL player personnel assistant. "In the coming decade or two, it's going to be acceptable, but at this point in time it's still a man's-man game. To call somebody a [gay slur] is still so commonplace. It'd chemically imbalance an NFL locker room and meeting room."

We can have rapists, dog fighters, racists, and drunk driving murderers on the team. But none of the gays!!

I HATE everyone who unnecessarily draws attention to themselves, and I have zero problems with this. Way to get out in front of it. Now he won't have to do the awkward interview dance with every NFL team he meets with.

if DuncanDeac lived, he would say you were projecting. probably would not be wrong, either.

Back