• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Co-DPOY in SEC comes out

That was my attempt at a troll post. Anyway, good for him! Took a lot of courage. Looking forward to what Tebow has to say about it or if he tries to keep quiet to protect his endorsements.

Micheal Sam is a bad ass and ill be rooting like hell for him. And fuck off phonz.

That was my attempt at a troll post. Anyway, good for him! Took a lot of courage. Looking forward to what Tebow has to say about it or if he tries to keep quiet to protect his endorsements.

Won't hear a peep. Tebow has decent pr savvy/people.

Have to think many teams will hesitate, worried about the impact re: unwanted publicity and team integrity. Organizations are conservative (in the non-political sense) and hesitant to rock the boat. Can't think this will help him. If he'd kept quiet, it's one thing: showing he is willing to make a big deal about it is something totally different.

No doubt this cost him some money, but hopefully he'll get every opportunity to succeed once he hits the field.

Organizations or the old white guys who run them?

He's definitely not the first draft eligible gay player. He's the first one with enough stones to come out. That should be a plus.

Alphonso has opinions he stands up for. So what? It's his twitter account. If you don't want to hear it, don't follow him.

No doubt he puts himself in a tough position to be an employee as someone who has little filter. But the man has passion, heart, & he wakes up every day ready to work hard. He can work for me any day. He won't need to though because with that drive, others will be asking him for a job real soon.

There is no sense arguing about it though. There are winners & losers every year in business. At the end of the year, we add them up & figure out who won & who lost. I'm betting Alphonso will be a winner again very soon. We shall see.

Alphonso has opinions he stands up for. So what? It's his twitter account. If you don't want to hear it, don't follow him.

No doubt he puts himself in a tough position to be an employee as someone who has little filter. But the man has passion, heart, & he wakes up every day ready to work hard. He can work for me any day. He won't need to though because with that drive, others will be asking him for a job real soon.

There is no sense arguing about it though. There are winners & losers every year in business. At the end of the year, we add them up & figure out who won & who lost. I'm betting Alphonso will be a winner again very soon. We shall see.

I don't see him tweeting about sins when an athlete has a child before getting married. In fact, Alphonso probably congratulates them. Celebrating the sin.

Please elaborate

The news that former Missouri defensive end Michael Sam is gay holds significant social and cultural ramifications. But from a purely football perspective, his decision to come out prior to May's NFL draft will make his path to the league daunting, eight NFL executives and coaches told SI.com.

In blunt terms, they project a significant drop in Sam's draft stock, a publicity circus and an NFL locker room culture not prepared to deal with an openly gay player. Sam, the SEC Defensive Player of the Year, was projected as a mid- to late-round draft pick prior to his announcement.

While none of the executives overtly condemned Sam's decision, their opinions illuminated an NFL culture in which an openly gay player -- from the draft room to the locker room -- faces long odds and a lonely path.

The executives and coaches were granted anonymity by SI.com for their honesty. Their answers were consistently unsparing.

"I don't think football is ready for [an openly gay player] just yet," said an NFL player personnel assistant. "In the coming decade or two, it's going to be acceptable, but at this point in time it's still a man's-man game. To call somebody a [gay slur] is still so commonplace. It'd chemically imbalance an NFL locker room and meeting room."

All the NFL personnel members interviewed believed that Sam's announcement will cause him to drop in the draft. He was projected between the third and seventh rounds prior to the announcement.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140209/michael-sam-draft-stock/

BgFdA0WCIAIesWb.png

Phonso is my all time favorite football Deac, but Twitter has not been good for him. Makes me sad to see my boi spouting off ignorant shit all the time.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Alphonso has opinions he stands up for. So what? It's his twitter account.

He told a person ¨Welcome to Devil Hell¨ for coming out as gay. That is extremely hateful and is going to get rightfully blasted regardless of the public platform used to say it (twitter, press conference, speech). It is a big deal to say something that hateful publicly even if it is something you strongly believe.

donald ross is probably OK with the KKK's twitter feed, too. I mean, it's just social media, for God's sake.

He told a person ¨Welcome to Devil Hell¨ for coming out as gay.

False.

Alphonso's opinions were on his own twitter account. He didn't email, mail, or call anyone personally. Your statement, however, is false.

That's ok though. We are all entitled to our opinions. Frankly, I salute the kid for coming out. He is entitled to his opinion as well & I don't hate him for it. Frankly, I am impressed that he too is standing up for his beliefs.

Back