• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coaching candidate - Pat Kelsey

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
He could be the next Dave Odom. They have a lot in common: both have been excellent assistant coaches at WFU, great recruiters and have some experience as a head coach. Kelsey is a good person, is sharp in appearance and intellect, is high energy and recruited JJ, Travis, Teague and others. He can close the deal with big time recruits . He deserves consideration .

He could be the next Dave Odom. They have a lot in common: both have been excellent assistant coaches at WFU, great recruiters and have some experience as a head coach. Kelsey is a good person, is sharp in appearance and intellect, is high energy and recruited JJ, Travis, Teague and others. He can close the deal with big time recruits . He deserves consideration .

Ain't happening. RW has painted himself into a "cultural corner" that would seem to preclude any future association with anyone that had ties to Dino. Not sure what Mack & Kelsey think of RW, but would imagine they see him as roughly equivalent to dog shit underfoot. Anyone have any insights or stories to share?

Not my preference but if Ron wants to recycle a former Wake asst I'd take Kelsey over Turner. Would rather not have either.

No more from the Prosser tree, no one from the Odom tree. And for me, I don't relish the idea of a dookie or a state player sitting on our bench. Let's bring in someone new and exciting...like Marshall or Smart.

No more from the Prosser tree, no one from the Odom tree. And for me, I don't relish the idea of a dookie or a state player sitting on our bench. Let's bring in someone new and exciting...like Marshall or Smart.

+1

I love Coach Kelsey, but he needs to build something at Winthrop (like Marshall did) before a major conference team will grab him.

Pat, like Russell, is young, aggressive, honest, successful, and loves Wake. They are 2 of the only guys who would be willing to come here & win for 3 decades.

I disagree with all here--and RW--for not considering them. Let's go get another old retread who has no chance to be here in 15 years. :tear:

I don't think you've been following the coach im search threads, donaldross.

All the preferred coaches except Marshall are young. All have accomplished far more than Kelsey and Turner.

Kels has more charisma and fire than many of the candidates already mentioned. I'm biased, but I'd support the hire. Just because he was part of Skip's staff doesn't mean we should stay away. He connects with players, is a great recruiter and is a hell of a coach. But, again, I'm biased.

I'm a big Kelsey fan but he could use some more seasoning before taking the head job at Wake.

Back