• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College basketball bribery scandal

prepare for us to vacate our glorious 4 ACC win season. we had already sent a letter of disassociation to that agent in 2012, nothing else we could do. I was worried it would've been Adidas steering him to us which would've been a problem.

It still could’ve been, on top of this agent. This is only the beginning.

Carolina’s allegation isn’t remotely as bad as State’s. It would make my life if State got hammered by NCAA for this.

What did State do? All I’ve seen is an agent (that NCSU dissaccoiated and won’t allow anywhere near campus) paid DSJ. NCSU hasn’t done anything other than play an illegible player. Should lead to vacating a forgettable 2016-2017 season. Am I missing something?

It still could’ve been, on top of this agent. This is only the beginning.

As I’ve documented already, would be incredibly dumb of Addidas to pay DSJ in anyway that could be illegal. His dad was coaching an Addidas AAU program, pay him through there. Given the money he took from the agent, can’t imagine Addidas was paying him too much.

I'd be jumpy if I were them too. The NCAA has shown it is petrified of schools like UNC and Duke, but will drop the hammer on the NC States of the world. They need to couple themselves with the blue schools and hope they can sneak into the club with them.

$100 lunch with Brice Johnson. What would that get you from the NCAA ? Repay the improper benefit and sit out two games ?

$200.00 or less, the university must pay that amount to a charity of their choice. No other punishment.

Watch Wake get popped for some Loren Woods-like recruit that had great potential but did nothing for us.

If we are involved we sure did not get our money's worth.

Just let high schoolers go directly to pros for better or worse. Problem would be mostly solved. Can't believe Coach K got caught up in this; he must be really addicted to winning! And, actually, he was pretty good at winning with 3 and 4 year players.

You guys need to chill. Heard on some of the sports shows today that nothing will happen to UNC, Duke, Ky and Kansas-- would be harmful to all of the NCAA basketball. What a crock. Also, said highly unlikely that the head coaches knew anything about what was happening. I guess for $5 million a year the head coach sits in his office playing Candy Crush on his computer

Gotta believe that "bad loan" money to Bam Adebayo had to do with NC State.

I'm far more interested in the coaches connections to these agents then I am to the players getting money. Who gives a shit if some dudes from Xavier got 4 thousand bucks? Good for them. I hope they actually got a lot more. I want to know what coaches knew what. Pitino sure as hell couldnt be the only head coach who knew what was going on.

I'm far more interested in the coaches connections to these agents then I am to the players getting money. Who gives a shit if some dudes from Xavier got 4 thousand bucks? Good for them. I hope they actually got a lot more. I want to know what coaches knew what. Pitino sure as hell couldnt be the only head coach who knew what was going on.

Lol at the Bam money. If it’s connected to a school to steer a kid somewhere it’s tied to UK. None of this stuff goes back to the schools though.

MDMH always at the ready to defend UK.

Lol at the Bam money. If it’s connected to a school to steer a kid somewhere it’s tied to UK. None of this stuff goes back to the schools though.
No. Andy Miller is a Kansas Arizona guy who steers kids to mostly all Adidas schools and Calipari hates him, whereas NC State was in deep with the guy. You can look at Andy Millers client list and there are no Kentucky guys on there for a reason.
MDMH always at the ready to defend UK.
"bad loan" is pretty straight forward. Bam didnt sign with Miller or one of Millers feeder schools. His final choice was between NC State, who had another Andy Miller recruit in the same class, and Kentucky who never had an Andy Miller recruit.

No. Andy Miller is a Kansas Arizona guy who steers kids to mostly all Adidas schools and Calipari hates him, whereas NC State was in deep with the guy. You can look at Andy Millers client list and there are no Kentucky guys on there for a reason. "bad loan" is pretty straight forward. Bam didnt sign with Miller or one of Millers feeder schools. His final choice was between NC State, who had another Andy Miller recruit in the same class, and Kentucky who never had an Andy Miller recruit.

Yea NCSU was in so deep with the guy that in 2012 they barred him from the campus and did the strongest thing possible to forbid him from talking to current or future players. Go shill for UK all u want but at least know what you are talking about.

Back