• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Coaching Carousel (2014-15 Edition)

What does Nebraska want from their HC?
67-27 record. 9-3 this year..I'm not sure Tom Osborne is walking through that door.

67-27 record. 9-3 this year..I'm not sure Tom Osborne is walking through that door.

Yeah Nebraska is having a hard time accepting that they're not a college football power anymore. The level of delusion of the Nebraska fan base is incredible. Penn State may be the only fan base that is more delusional.

They want 11 or 12 win seasons with national championships. They won't accept anything less. Being a consistent 9-10 win program is beneath them.

It would appear those are their goals. But I just don't think that's realistic anymore.

Who are some possible Nebraska targets?

And who looks at Pelini?

Nebraska could have won 10-11 games a year if they played up to their potential- Pelini had them primed for 2-3 head-scratchers per year. And his defenses were generally terrible.

Nebraska could have won 10-11 games a year if they played up to their potential- Pelini had them primed for 2-3 head-scratchers per year. And his defenses were generally terrible.

This. Pelini (as in he was nowhere near as bad as Callahan) was decent, but the defense (that he was in charge of) would consistently be awful in big games.

They lost four games every year with Pelini as the coach.

Last edited:
I think they figure that, given the way the Big 10 has evolved and how soft the Big 10 West will probably be each year, any decent coach should have them at 9 wins every year, and any good coach should have them at 10-11 wins.

Last edited:
pelini sucks. nebraska fans deserve better

They want 11 or 12 win seasons with national championships. They won't accept anything less. Being a consistent 9-10 win program is beneath them.

The state of Nebraska is similar to the state of Alabama in that college football is THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS. Except that the state of Alabama has 2 teams that matter.
I guess corn matters a lot in Nebraska too, just not as much as football.

Troy Calhoun is among the rumored candidates at Nebraska.

Maybe Nebraska can get Jim McElwain from Colorado St. - that seems like an amazing hire - but his buyout is 7 million

Back