• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Coaching Carousel (2014-15 Edition)

If Jim Harbaugh doesn't make the playoffs with the 49ers I think Michigan has a chance to steel him if they throw enough money at him. He has lost the locker room and York has grown tired of him. I don't think he will go to the Raiders or Jets. They are just not good enough and it is a bad situation for him. He has a better chance to break back into the NFL in a better position if he goes to Michigan. Big East is weak right now, alma mater, and he would kill in recruiting. If 49ers go to the playoffs then he will be extended.

Yep, Texas A & M, Auburn or South Carolina will be going after Muschamp as DC

He should go to USC, then he can be the HC after Ole Ball Corch retires after next season.

If Jim Harbaugh doesn't make the playoffs with the 49ers I think Michigan has a chance to steel him if they throw enough money at him. He has lost the locker room and York has grown tired of him. I don't think he will go to the Raiders or Jets. They are just not good enough and it is a bad situation for him. He has a better chance to break back into the NFL in a better position if he goes to Michigan. Big East is weak right now, alma mater, and he would kill in recruiting. If 49ers go to the playoffs then he will be extended.

Rumor is that Harbaugh's wife LOVES living in the Bay area so don't count the Raiders out just yet.

Troy hired Neal Brown, the OC at Kentucky. Brown had a connection to Troy as he was the OC there when they were among the nation's leaders in points and yards.

It appears that Colorado State's Jim McElwain is the leader for the Florida job. He was the OC at Bama for two national championships prior to taking the Colorado State job. At Colorado State, he went 4-8; 8-6 and 10-2 over his three seasons there. Dabo Swinney and Mike Gundy have also been identified as rumored candidates at Florida.

It appears that Colorado State's Jim McElwain is the leader for the Florida job. He was the OC at Bama for two national championships prior to taking the Colorado State job. At Colorado State, he went 4-8; 8-6 and 10-2 over his three seasons there. Dabo Swinney and Mike Gundy have also been identified as rumored candidates at Florida.
McElwain is a fine coach, but that's not exactly swinging for the fences is it? I would've thought bigger names would be at the top of Florida's board (maybe they are). Dabo and Gundy wouldn't get me exactly hyped either if I was a Florida fan.

Troy hired Neal Brown, the OC at Kentucky. Brown had a connection to Troy as he was the OC there when they were among the nation's leaders in points and yards.

If Dabo ended up at UF, he and Tebus would explode all of Christendom.

McElwain is a fine coach, but that's not exactly swinging for the fences is it? I would've thought bigger names would be at the top of Florida's board (maybe they are). Dabo and Gundy wouldn't get me exactly hyped either if I was a Florida fan.

Who would you expect?

Josh McDaniels and Hugh Freeze are also in the running at UF.

Who would you expect?
I think Hugh Freeze is a much better coach than those three candidates, to be honest. Dan Mullen, who has Florida ties, has also built a pretty damn good program at a mediocre location.

I think Hugh Freeze is a much better coach than those three candidates, to be honest. Dan Mullen, who has Florida ties, has also built a pretty damn good program at a mediocre location.

I think that you are under-rating McElwain. He was a really highly thought of assistant at Bama; has recruited in the SEC, and turned around Colorado State in three years. The benefit of hiring Freeze is that it cripples another SEC program, but would not be shocked if in 10 years, McElwain is considered a better coach.

I think that you are under-rating McElwain. He was a really highly thought of assistant at Bama; has recruited in the SEC, and turned around Colorado State in three years. The benefit of hiring Freeze is that it cripples another SEC program, but would not be shocked if in 10 years, McElwain is considered a better coach.
I like McElwain, I just like Freeze better. He's won as head coach in 3 different places, including turning around a 2-10 mess that Houston Nutt left him into a bowl eligible team in his first season with the nation's fifth-ranked recruiting class. I think he would have tremendous success at Florida.

Local media in Florida believe the Freeze offer from UF is real. I think it would be a great hire and he would be walking in to a good roster situation too.

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi
@FootballScoop reports former #Broncos coach and current #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is being "vetted" by #Gators AD Jeremy Foley.

LOL, Vegas has Mark Richt as a favorite to go to Nebraska.

OH PLEASE UF, PLEASE HIRE JOSH MCDANIELS.

The state of Nebraska is similar to the state of Alabama in that college football is THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS. Except that the state of Alabama has 2 teams that matter.
I guess corn matters a lot in Nebraska too, just not as much as football.

Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze agreed to a contract extension. Freeze's salary is now more than $4 million/year, and his assistants also got a salary bump. This makes a move to Florida less likely.

Buffalo hired Lance Leipold from D-3 Wisconsin-Whitewater where his record was a ridiculous 106-6. Yes, 106-6. He will coach W-W through the D-3 playoffs.

Freeze coached high school football in Memphis for years, went to Ark St for a year and then Ole Miss. He is from Mississippi and has stated ad nauseum that Ole Miss was his dream job. He is not going to UF.

Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze agreed to a contract extension. Freeze's salary is now more than $4 million/year, and his assistants also got a salary bump. This makes a move to Florida less likely.

Buffalo hired Lance Leipold from D-3 Wisconsin-Whitewater where his record was a ridiculous 106-6. Yes, 106-6. He will coach W-W through the D-3 playoffs.

Pilch, do you remember any coaches making the leap from D-III to FBS? I can't think of any right offhand.

Back