• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Football Coaching Carousel: Only Penn State Still Open

Don't forget UNC and Ole Miss. UCLA's almost a guarantee to become open, too.

My guesses:
UCLA- Kevin Sumlin or Chris Peterson
UNC- Skip Holtz or Gus Malzahn
ASU- Mike Leach
Illinois- Butch Jones or Sumlin
Ole Miss- Larry Fedora or Hugh Freeze
Kansas- Brent Venables or Fedora

Sumlin or Peterson is just what UCLA needs......and the Pac needs them to be relevant again. Add in Leach at ASU and the pac would be looking awesome.

Please no Skippy or Malzahn to unc

UCLA will never shell out the money for a Chris Peterson.

I think he was considered when we let Bowden go but wasn't interested. Could be misremembering, but one name that really wanted to come to Death Valley was Patterson......soooo happy we told him to go pound sand and hired Daaaaabo instead fuuuu

Yeah that Dabo plan has worked out well vs the Cocks. At least Tammy Bowden could beat USC.

Let MD keep Ed. They blow that kind of lead, they deserve some pain.

Let UNC hire a joke please... Or someone great, but cripple him with sanctions so that UNC gets the rep as a career killer.

They should. They have the potential to be a really good program.

They are notoriously stingy paying coaches over the years. And now with the budget crisis in CA, it wouldn't go over too well to pay a football coach mega bucks.

A&M has to fire Sherman this year. Being ranked #8 in the preseason to being 4-5 in the Big 12 totally warrants this.

I didn't follow buffalo at all when he was there, so I can't really judge him, but his record there was absolutely stellar. The previous two coaches combined to win ten games in seven years -- Gill won 18 his final three.

What Gill did at UB was nothing short of miraculous.

Curtis Johnston lead candidate for Tulane

Just saw on Monday Night Football that he is the lead candidate for Tulane. He is the wide receivers coach for the Saints. Well, guess that means we may be stuck with Lob-hole.

Still a lot of dominoes left to topple this off season.

I wonder if Air Force would consider Lobo if Calhoun were to leave.

I didn't follow buffalo at all when he was there, so I can't really judge him, but his record there was absolutely stellar. The previous two coaches combined to win ten games in seven years -- Gill won 18 his final three.

I don't' follow Buffalo...at all really. But by their standards, his record was good but when I think of "stellar" I think of 8-9 wins.

Nonetheless, I'm surprised to see him do so poorly at Kansas and am a little surprised he did not get a third year. But, I don't follow Kansas football...probably some impatient donors had had enough.

Lol at the Leach to Maryland tag. The Terps are really going to hate watching him kick ass at ASU or Kansas.

I don't' follow Buffalo...at all really. But by their standards, his record was good but when I think of "stellar" I think of 8-9 wins.

Nonetheless, I'm surprised to see him do so poorly at Kansas and am a little surprised he did not get a third year. But, I don't follow Kansas football...probably some impatient donors had had enough.

Sometimes you gotta let a coach go after two years if it's clear he's not going to get the job done. Just sayin'.

They are notoriously stingy paying coaches over the years. And now with the budget crisis in CA, it wouldn't go over too well to pay a football coach mega bucks.

Reports are the Boosters are stepping up. Willing to pay 3 mil a year to get the guy they want...

Back